Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Rumour Mill and Gossip Nonsense

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

papagormo wrote: »
    liverpool chairman hinting torres exit

chelsea have been linked to a 130 million bid

if anything near that sum actually goes through, its completely nuts i think.
    chelsea dont need torres. (consider drogba,anelka,kalou,sturridge)

I think Chelsea will buy at least one striker this year. Drogba is 32, Anelka is 31, Kalou isn't an out and out striker and Sturridge is unproven.

Voltwad wrote: »
    So would Man United. :pac:

Would love to see this happen as Everton stand to gain a good few million from that!

I think they have a 25% sell on clause? Wow, that'd be more than 20m depending whether it's a percentage of the sale or percentage of the profit on the sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Degag wrote: »
    I think they have a 25% sell on clause? Wow, that'd be more than 20m depending whether it's a percentage of the sale or percentage of the profit on the sale.
    Think it's more like 15% of the profit. Nice enough though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Gillington wrote: »
    French is a bit rusty bu is that for 6mil? If so thats a good deal imo

Yup 6mill, pretty good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Makes sense why go to Celtic. Roma are much the better club in a much better leage. Unless you mean Roma offering for him then yes its strange :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

If Real signed Rooney this summer the Man United Finances thread would go into meltdown.

Although so would every other Man United thread, come to think of it :p

Nonsense Berbatov would definitely come good. And Owen would probably hit the 20 goal mark! :D

But in reality those two statements above have more chance of happening than Rooney going to Real*.

*I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Chris Iwelumo signs for Burnley from Wolves so Steven Fletcher from Burnley to Wolves can only be a few days away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Boskowski wrote: »
    Dzeko staying in Wolfsburg anyway. No one was prepared to cough up the 40m written into the exit clause.

Isn't it just that teams were waiting for that exit clause to expire and now hope to sign him for a lot less, circa €30m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

JPA wrote: »
    Isn't it just that teams were waiting for that exit clause to expire and now hope to sign him for a lot less, circa €30m?

Wolfsburg have ruled out any move after the expiery of the clause. Anyone interested had to bring a Bank guarantee over 40 mil. by tonight. They have stated that they will not sell him, if noone meets his buy out clause and provide the guarantee in time.

As they really don't need the money I am pretty certain that their opinion won't change unless someone pays 40 mil and up (which IMO is unlikely).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Still don't see him staying in Wolfsburg. Guess we'll wait and see.

• Advertisement

Lyon desperate to beat Arsenal and Manchester City in race to sign £21m Yoann Gourcuff

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has vowed to 'break the bank' to sign Arsenal and Manchester City target Yoann Gourcuff.

The Gunners have been heavily linked with a move for the Bordeaux midfielder with Cesc Fabregas widely tipped to join Barcelona this summer. While City are also monitoring Gourcuff's uncertain future.

article-0-09A3E9A2000005DC-556_468x313.jpg In demand: Manchester City, Arsenal and Lyon have been linked with Gourcuff

Gourcuff, 23, was one of the major forces behind Les Girondins' progress to the Champions League quarter-finals this season.
    article-0-09D45A86000005DC-43_306x431.jpg South Africa star: Gourcuff will feature for France this summer

But with coach Laurent Blanc leaving his post to take over the France job from Raymond Domenech after the World Cup, Gourcuff is weighing up his options.

A move to the Emirates would see France international link up with his former Bordeaux team-mate Marouane Chamakh.

But Lyon are poised to scupper any such move with the French club ready to spend £21million to make the move happen.
    Interviewed in French daily L'Equipe, Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas said: 'We will sign a strong midfielder which will cost between 15 – 20 million Euros. 'It could be him - for Gourcuff, I saw his contract and he has a get-out clause of up to 25 million Euros. If he wants to leave in August, we will break the bank.'

Gourcuff has won 17 caps for France, scoring one goal, and is a member of Domenech's World Cup squad.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1283057/Lyon-desperate-beat-Arsenal-Manchester-City-race-sign-21m-Yoann-Gourcuff.html#ixzz0pdcE0mp5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lyon and City to start a transfer war an Arsene to sneak in and whisk him away to London.

I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

25m get out clause? good price for him, surprised more clubs ain't in for him, particularly United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Redknapp has said he thinks Joe Cole has already got a deal lined up that isn't with Chelsea or spurs and he doesn't expect him to be at Chelsea next summer

Redknapp has said he thinks Joe Cole has already got a deal lined up that isn't with Chelsea or spurs and he doesn't expect him to be at Chelsea next summer

Arsenal I reckon.

And Redknapp should keep his mouth shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Gourcuff is a fine player, one who'd tear defences in the PL to shreds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

SSN reported today City preparing to pass on a Dzeko bid after lunchtime.

I turned it on midway, might have bee nthe newpaper headlines part....not sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Cannavaro to Dubai on a two year deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Cannavaro to Dubai on a two year deal!

Nice retirement home for him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Miroslav Stoch to Galatasary for 2.5m. And Nemaja Matic on loan to either Genoa or Udinese. Hope we can hold onto Stoch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Guti is holding talks with Blackburn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Lukker- wrote: »

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Lukker- wrote: »

That is just complete fiction......

...... its actually Blackpool.

Tim Lovejoy just put on his twitter that Cole has joined Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Pablo Ibanez signing for WBA,Good signing for them

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/6186095/Baggies-land-Atletico-ace-Ibanez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Maicon wants Madrid;
    "What I want is to play for Madrid and it would be an honour for me to be there because I have said it would be a great opportunity in my career," he told AS.

"With Manchester City I have nothing, I can assure that. I will make it very clear to prevent misunderstandings: I want to play for Madrid, I do not want to go to Manchester City.

"Moreover, I repeat that I have nothing with the English club."

"Mourinho is a great coach, and I think no one can argue that. I have a great relationship with him and it would be very good for me to be at his service again," he added.

"We won many things together and I hope to repeat that. He is one of the best coaches I have across in my life."

That's the problem with Jose. I'm sure Moratti is happy he won the CL but he won't like his players being dragged away after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

It'll be interesting to see what happens Sergio Ramos if Maicon signs. He isn't nearly as good at CB imo.

eZe^ wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see what happens Sergio Ramos if Maicon signs. He isn't nearly as good at CB imo.
    Maicon is a right back though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Degag wrote: »
    Maicon is a right back though

Exactly, so Maicon will be taking Ramo's position at RB meaning Ramos will either have to sit on the bench or be shuffled into the middle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Also, ROFL @ Guti to Blackburn, him and Salgado can make a mini Madrid section in the dressing room. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

God you say that as if he's a good RB :confused:

Also, ROFL @ Guti to Blackburn, him and Salgado can make a mini Madrid section in the dressing room. :p

I was going to say that Salgado almost spent more time in the Sky Sports studios than playing for Blackburn last season, but he actually played 21 games....

Adriano to complete move to Roma by wednesday on ssn

Arsenal and Utd out of the race for cole's signature
    Soccernet understands that Arsenal and Manchester will lose out on signing Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole on a free transfer, while Manchester City and Tottenham remain firmly in the hunt for his signature.
    joecoleback_275x155.jpgGettyImages
    Joe Cole could be leaving Stamford Bridge on a free transfer

Speculation has continued to mount over Cole's future, and he seems certain to leave Stamford Bridge as talks over a new contact stalled before he set off for South Africa after making Fabio Capello's final England squad.
    Spurs, Arsenal, United and City have all been linked with a move for Cole, though it appears that Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger are unlikely to have the midfielder at their disposal next season.
    A source close to the transfer activity told Soccernet: "My information is that Joe Cole will not be going to Arsenal or to Manchester United, despite being linked with both of these clubs. Joe Cole has a few options, and has not made up his mind, and will do so when he returns from South Africa. It is still possible that he could decide to stay at Chelsea but that is only a small chance."
    The source refused to rule out Spurs and Man City and while Roberto Mancini's club can offer big bucks, Harry Redknapp has the lure of Champions League football for Cole, and that could be the deciding factor.
    Redknapp has made it clear that he isn't looking to make a large number of signings, but instead wants one or two outstanding new players to reinforce Spurs' chances of making past the qualifying stage of the Champions League. And it was Redknapp that gave Cole his debut in the Premier League when they were both at West Ham United.
    Cole would be happy to stay at Chelsea, but the club have thus far shown no willingness to improve the contract offer which is still on the table.
    With Cole available on a free, his advisors argue that his value in the open transfer market could be £18 million to £20 million, a huge saving for any prospective new club, which would justify an inflated wage packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭4davis7

Whats the deal with Berbatov will he be leaving united this summer? i hope he does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LONDON, June 5 (Reuters) - West Ham United have begun their pre-season rebuilding with the signing of German midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger, the Premier League club said on Saturday.

"I am delighted to welcome Thomas to the club," chairman David Sullivan told the club website (www.whufc.com). "He is the first of many signings this summer. We are going to sign a mixture of exciting young talent as well as the very best senior pros who can add real strength to the squad like Thomas."
    The 28-year-old, who narrowly missed out on Germany's World Cup squad, is no stranger to England's top flight having played for Aston Villa before spells with VfB Stuttgart and most recently Lazio.
    Hitzlsperger has signed a three-year-deal with the Upton Park club, who also appointed former Chelsea and Portsmouth boss Avram Grant as manager on Friday.

mike65 wrote: »
    LONDON, June 5 (Reuters) - West Ham United have begun their pre-season rebuilding with the signing of German midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger, the Premier League club said on Saturday.

"I am delighted to welcome Thomas to the club," chairman David Sullivan told the club website (www.whufc.com). "He is the first of many signings this summer. We are going to sign a mixture of exciting young talent as well as the very best senior pros who can add real strength to the squad like Thomas."
    The 28-year-old, who narrowly missed out on Germany's World Cup squad, is no stranger to England's top flight having played for Aston Villa before spells with VfB Stuttgart and most recently Lazio.
    Hitzlsperger has signed a three-year-deal with the Upton Park club, who also appointed former Chelsea and Portsmouth boss Avram Grant as manager on Friday.
    Is that a grant or board signing?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

aww no, I really like 'Der Hammer' and dont like the idea of him playing for West Ham for one minute. Sullivan grr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hitzlsperger is a good player, a guy I've always liked. Hope he does well with them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

If city buy everyone, nobody can stop them!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

They do seem to value weakening teams over strengthening their own :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

It can only get worse from here on here. Get out our crazy hats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Not particularly crazy in fairness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

mike65 wrote: »

Great buy for the Hammers there.

He's a great player.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Hitzlsperger remained first choice in 2010 World Cup qualifying, playing in all matches save one and scoring a goal, but he missed out on his nation's World Cup squad in June 2010.

Strange that he didn't make the squad.. 50 odd caps too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

judas101 wrote: »
    Great buy for the Hammers there.

He's a great player.

Super signing for West Ham,hopefully push them in the right direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Absolute bollocks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hitz and Parker is a very very solid middle two for the hammers next year. great signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Martin Petrov, Sylvinho and Benjani are now free agents:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=793708&sec=england&cc=5739

• Advertisement
Advertisement