Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Rumour Mill and Gossip Nonsense

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Headshot wrote: »
    it seems ye're getting yaya toure, good player but why city would need him is beyond me

Thanks Headshot:)
    Been very quiet on the City transfer front as of yet but I'd imagine that will probably change......Would love to offer an opinion on the Toure move but tbh I'm not knowledgeable enough to do so:o:)
    Just hope he works out better than some of our other buys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Toure is better than De Jong and better than Barry. Move is simply improving the squad with an available top quality player who is willing to come to City. Not many of them out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

PHB wrote: »
    Toure is better than De Jong and better than Barry. Move is simply improving the squad with an available top quality player who is willing to come to City. Not many of them out there.

Thanks, I think:D

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

flahavaj wrote: »
    The Renaissance artist after whom said amphibian was named.

I presumed after conno16's post this thread had turned into somewhere we could post random nonsense if and when it come sinto our heads.
    Ush1 wrote: »
    The mutant hero turtle i presume you're talking about.

Raphael

he's cool but rude (give him a break)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

I think Maicon is a great player but he'd be wrong for United for the simple fact that he's 29 in a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Lahm>>>>>>>>>>>>>maicon

danny mills>glen jonhson (considering the cost):pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

PHB wrote: »

He's about 50 bazillion times better than De Jong or Barry..terrific player. Barcelona will regret being left with Busquets

dfx- wrote: »
    He's about 50 bazillion times better than De Jong or Barry..terrific player. Barcelona will regret being left with Busquets

Nah, you're right, you didn't over-react.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

De Jong is better then Yaya imo but then I reckon Yaya's coming into sit further up the midfield then De Jong so please god we see GarBar warm the bench.Hopefully these rumours of David Silva are true with Roque being used as part of the bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Wigan have signed Argentinian striker Mauro Boselli

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini claims Tottenham have made a double bid for Simon Kjaer and Edinson Cavani. Zamparini claims Spurs have tabled a bid of €35million (£28million) for Kjaer and Cavani and that the offer was too good to turn down.

"Tottenham have bid €35m, an offer we cannot refuse, seeing as the two players have both said they want to leave," Zamparini told Sky Italia television.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Would Maicon even want to join United?

I doubt it.

Ya, cant see him wanting to go to Utd. either. He is the best right-back in the world and if he is going anywhere it is to Real.

Degag wrote: »
    I think Maicon is a great player but he'd be wrong for United for the simple fact that he's 29 in a month.

I dont get this at all, you're saying Utd wouldnt want the best right-back in the world because he is nearly 29?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Lahm>>>>>>>>>>>>>maicon

Maicon for me is player of the tournament so far. He's unbelieveably good at what he does. He makes my jaw drop every time he plays.

Warper wrote: »
    I dont get this at all, you're saying Utd wouldnt want the best right-back in the world because he is nearly 29?

Note that i didn't say he was the best in the world; he may be, but i didnt say it.

Anyhow, no i wouldn't sign him if the reported fee is 25 million. Think if you are going to spend that kind of money on a right back, it should be on one who could potentially wear the shirt for 10 years plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Degag wrote: »
    Note that i didn't say he was the best in the world; he may be, but i didnt say it.

Anyhow, no i wouldn't sign him if the reported fee is 25 million. Think if you are going to spend that kind of money on a right back, it should be on one who could potentially wear the shirt for 10 years plus.

And there are plenty more areas that need strengthening before the right back area. We're sorted there for the next few years anyways.

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Wigan have signed Argentinian striker Mauro Boselli

From what I've seen he looks good,they need someone to replace that Jason Scotland flop! He made heskey look lethal

Gillington wrote: »
    From what I've seen he looks good,they need someone to replace that Jason Scotland flopped! He made heskey look lethal

Ya for £6m could be a good signing. 25 yr old, top scorer in the Copa Libertadores last year with 8 goals, worth a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Gueye says deal is done

Strasbourg striker Magaye Gueye claims a deal has been done to bring him to Goodison Park, making him Everton's fourth signing of the summer if he does indeed join when deals are permitted later this week.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2010/06/gueye-says-deal-is-done/

If that's pronounced how I think it is, cue mass slaggings from the red half. McGay Gay playing for everton in a pink shirt.
    Whatever next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i'm reading it is MaGay GeeEye. nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Angel Di Maria on his way to Real Madrid it would seem. http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1330007838502/noticia/ComunicadoOficial/Official_Announcement_2010-06-29.htm

He's a top player and one of the few top class wingers in world football. Remember the way he terrorised Everton in the Europa League last year, he ran rings around Tony Hibbert. He's also impressed me thus far in the world cup, can beat men and a peach of a left foot on him.

Here's Valdano giving Di Maria a ringing endorsement. http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1330008010858/noticia/Noticia/Valdano_praises_Di_Maria.htm

he ran rings around Tony Hibbert.

Not much of an achievement tbh :pac:

Voltwad wrote: »
    Not much of an achievement tbh :pac:

Ah now in fairness to Hibbert he's no Pele but he always gives a bit of solidity and is rarely made a fool of, and this is coming from a Liverpool fan.

Ah now in fairness to Hibbert he's no Pele but he always gives a bit of solidity and is rarely made a fool of, and this is coming from a Liverpool fan.
    Well coming from an Everton fan, he's barely even Championship standard, offers nothing going forward and has no place in the modern game of full backs. He's never scored for us in nearly 10 years and single handedly cost us the FA Cup Final

Voltwad wrote: »
    Well coming from an Everton fan, he's barely even Championship standard, offers nothing going forward and has no place in the modern game of full backs. He's never scored for us in nearly 10 years and single handedly cost us the FA Cup Final

Ok that's fair enough but from what I see of Tony Hibbert, and this isn't every week, he is usually fairly dependable.

Anyway back to Di Maria I think he's an excellent signing for Madrid. Doesn't strike me as a player with an attitude problem. Wonder what formation Mourinho is going to go with considering Ronaldo played mainly on the left wing last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

hibert is always dependable and i reckon a very under rated player

Balmed Out wrote: »
    hibert is always dependable and i reckon a very under rated player
    When you compare him to the job Baines does at LB there's no comparison at all. Baines has a brilliant partnership with the man in front of him, be it Pienaar or Bilyaletdinov whereas Hibbert can't pass, can barely run and is often ousted by mediocre wingers. He's a liability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Tony Hibbert is the white Cafu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Sorry Spurs fans but it seems that they haven't made an offer for Kjaer and Cavani
    It was reported yesterday that Palermo had ‘accepted’ a €35m bid for Edinson Cavani and Simon Kjaer, but “Tottenham have not made any official offer.”
    On Monday Sky Sport Italia reported that President Maurizio Zamparini considered it “an offer we cannot refuse.”

However, today the Sicilian club insisted that was not the case.

“As of today, Tottenham have not made any official offer to Palermo,” director of sport Walter Sabatini told Reterete24.

“There are rumours coming out of England, but there is nothing concrete.”

A Tottenham spokesman also confirmed the deal was nowhere near completion.

"Palermo's claims are inaccurate. We have not bid for these players."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

dor83 wrote: »
    Sorry Spurs fans but it seems that they haven't made an offer for Kjaer and Cavani

'Arry 'Arry can do what he wants to be fair.

i guarantee there's some 'howiya, howiya' wheelin' dealin' going on in the background and this is just a smokescreen ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Big Sam is after Mainz striker Aristide Bance according to goal.com among other sites.

aristide_Bance.jpg

Best hair in the Premiership. :pac:

Matthieu Bodmer has moved from Lyon to PSG for 3.5 million.Seems a good price from what I've seen of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Breaking news on Sky Sports news,

Man City have agreed a deal with Valencia for David Silva,

Apparantly he is to sign a 5 year deal after the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Man City have agreed a deal with Valencia for David Silva

hopefully they don't agree a deal with Silva.

EDIT: See they are saying they have confirmed the signing.

Balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Man City have agreed a deal with Valencia for David Silva,

Apparantly he is to sign a 5 year deal after the World Cup.

Nice one, Milner staying at Villa so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

He is a great capture for them,

Sky saying that Yaya Toure is on the way too, they are trying to get more info (think we all knew that anyways).

Milner might well be staying at Villa now, will be interesting what to hear what the reported fee for Silva will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

If they do agree terms with Silva as well thats a massive signing for City in all fairness, a genuinely top class player. Green with envy tbh.:mad:

Not sure why Villa fans think that means their interest in Milner is over, two totally different players who copuld easily play in the same team.:confused:

Milner might well be staying at Villa now, will be interesting what to hear what the reported fee for Silva will be.

100 billion Dollars!

dr-evil.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

City are going to have a lot of very good players who will have to settle for a place on the bench: SWP, de Jong, Barry, Ireland, Bellamy. Some will be happy to pocket big wages but I can see some bargains to be had there.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Not sure why Villa fans think that means their interest in Milner is over, two totally different players who copuld easily play in the same team.:confused:

It'd be tough with Mancini's insistence on playing a minimum of three defensive midfielders in every game.

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    City are going to have a lot of very good players who will have to settle for a place on the bench: SWP, de Jong, Barry, Ireland, Bellamy. Some will be happy to pocket big wages but I can see some bargains to be had there.

I can see there being a major clearout,well I hope there is.If yaya comes in Barry can go for all I care but I doubt that will happen,SWP will probably move on as well as Stevie.Mancini would get linched if he let Bellamy go after last season.

But the spending hasnt stopped yet!

It looks like South Koreas Cha-Du-Ri is going to Celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

santos claim they have rejected a bid of 12.5m from west ham for Neymar

im shocked if this is true, Neymar is a class act thou

Ajax released Kennedy Bakircioglu

dont they know who he is!!!!!!!!??????

I do, nice one FM :pac:

Chelsea have signed Yossi Benayoun from Liverpool on a three-year deal, while Sunderland have bagged Egyptian international Ahmed Al-Muhammadi on a season-long loan from ENPPI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Chelsea have signed Yossi Benayoun from Liverpool on a three-year deal, while Sunderland have bagged Egyptian international Ahmed Al-Muhammadi on a season-long loan from ENPPI.

That means Deco is definitely on his way back to Brazil, probably Fluminense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Archimedes wrote: »
    That means Deco is definitely on his way back to Brazil, probably Fluminense.

The deal was always going to go through once Hodgson was appointed, I see him as J.Coles replacement. Really worried because we look seriously thin in CM, an area with definitely need a quality signing to stay competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

He's gone to Kayserispor in Turkey
    http://www.vi.nl/Nieuws-item/181969/Transfer-Kennedy-naar-Kayserispor-paspoortkwestie.htm (in Dutch)

As far as I can tell, they signed him because they have a full quota foreigners and good old KB qualifies for a Turkish pasport!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

PSG have signed Bodmer. What wasted potential he was.

Advertisement