Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

triton t90si solenoid valve removal

• 27-04-2010 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

i need to remove the solenoid valve from a t90si. I have taken out the filter to stop the water and shut off power.I have removed the 4 screws around the solenoid valve but the part does not come away from the unit. can someone advise me how to take it out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

no sorry. I never had to do it but if I am stuck i check out the forum on

www.showerdoctor.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

Hi Jim,
    I recently had to do this and found it a lot easier to remove the whole unit and take it apart then, I found somthing strange with these, I get a lot of iron in my water and found a residue inside the solenoid which breaks the solenoid, the filter was not removed and this was a very fine iron powder sticking the magnetic part of the solenoid, I had a T80 for years and never had this problem with it. the valve design is at fault in my opinion.
    I think I paid 20 euro for the new valve as it is part of the flow regulator block. I no longer have the info of who I bought it off, a crowd in Dublin over the phone.
    Hope that is of some use to you.
    Spannerman ;)

Advertisement