Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karma's reopening

Options
  • 27-04-2010 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭

Just thought this might be of interest to a few people!

Karma bar on Fishamble street that closed is now opening in a new location on Wexford street this Friday (April 30th).

Facebook page is here.

I enquired about drink prices (ie. would everything still be 3 euro) but all I got back was "we're not sure yet" so, time will tell, I suppose.

Think this is good news for quite a lot of boardsies who were fans of the place :)

Comments

I hope they're paying you commission missus!
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I hope they're paying you commission missus!
    :p

I know, I'm like some sort of unofficial mascot! :o

I just really like the place ... Mainly because they had 3 euro drink offers on weekends. Really useful for those of us who don't want to pay nearly double that in other bars!

Well, I've never been, so it is your sole responsibility to take me there if it reopens with €3 drinks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Who is opening it?.

I was talking to Johnny H the old general manager (working next door in Darkeys now) only the other day and he's certainly not moved from there.

The old bar manager, Noel is leasing Tamango's now and the two lads who were leasing Karma and the hotel are in dispute with the owner's so they're certainly not involved in anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lets hope they heat the place properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Posted a few weeks back in the other thread that it was re-opening, didn't think it was moving though, Wexford St is closer too me anywho.:D BTW the link ain't working!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

After some sleuthing (I sleuth my ass of on this one :p) i have come to the conclusion that its opening in the premises of what used to be the Cornerstone! And heres me finishing my four years in DIT grrr!

wixfjord wrote: »
    After some sleuthing (I sleuth my ass of on this one :p) i have come to the conclusion that its opening in the premises of what used to be the Cornerstone! And heres me finishing my four years in DIT grrr!

If they are hopefully they sort the smell of damp down the back in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You've a great knowledge of city center bars for one so young!..

Btw, how's the brother?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Btw, how's the brother?.

gav's mother didnt know he drank til he went home sober one night

• Advertisement

Btw, how's the brother?.

I get around, used to be a decent enough pint in there. Must have a good bit of work in there as upstairs looked like a restaurant last time I was in there.:confused:

He's alright, lost the sight in his left eye but been back "part-time" in school since before Easter.
    gav's mother didnt know he drank til he went home sober one night

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

they most likely won't be doing cheap drinks on the weekend and they certainly won't be so letting some many underagers in like they did before. It's the same nake but I'd say the place will be very different.

they most likely won't be doing cheap drinks on the weekend

Boooooooooooo! €3 shots and bottles were great.:( Better still be free in at least.:mad:

Anyone have a link to the facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Anyone have a link to the facebook?

It's in the OP.

Although they aren't using facebook correctly and have it set up as a person instead of a business.

Northside Shopping Centre is like that too and is inexplicably in a relationship with Baldoyle Auto Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

When it stopped being Handels my youth died.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Grimes wrote: »
    When it stopped being Handels my youth died.

Agreed. that was a sad sad day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

It seems likely that there's ANOTHER bar called Karma opening but the old one is gone forever :(

I was talking to Johnny H the old general manager (working next door in Darkeys now) only the other day and he's certainly not moved from there.
    Degsy wrote: »
    It seems likely that there's ANOTHER bar called Karma opening but the old one is gone forever :(

Yup ... I think this is the case!

A lot of people were asking on the Facebook page if it was connected to the old Karma and they've been dodging answering the question, so I presume they're trying to get the old fanbase from Karma in to this place, which is actually unrelated to it.

So, there is a bar called Karma opening on Wexford street tomorrow night, but I don't think it has any connection to the old Karma on Fishamble street ... This could be good or bad news! :pac:

Just went past it there, seemed to be alot of work going on instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Its the old Cornerstone.

It has nothing to do with the Karma on Fishamble street.

One of my friends is the resident DJ, and will be playing on Friday night.

Don't know much else than that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Yup ... I think this is the case!

A lot of people were asking on the Facebook page if it was connected to the old Karma and they've been dodging answering the question, so I presume they're trying to get the old fanbase from Karma in to this place, which is actually unrelated to it.

So, there is a bar called Karma opening on Wexford street tomorrow night, but I don't think it has any connection to the old Karma on Fishamble street ... This could be good or bad news! :pac:

I think what we all wanna know here is this.

Will there be 3 euro drinks like in the old place or wha?

Coz if there isnt they wont be getting any of the old regulars IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

So they are listed on entertainment.ie for this Saturday? So I guess they have reopened?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Lux23 wrote: »
    So they are listed on entertainment.ie for this Saturday? So I guess they have reopened?

Yep,passed by it on Sunday nite on my way to Whelans and it was open,looked pretty good from what I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

For the last time, it has NOTHING to do with the old Karma. Its the COrnerstone, re-opened, new owners and called Karma.

Nothing to do with the place on Fishamble street :)

Nothing to do with the place on Fishamble street :)

"And for that reason, I'm out."

:pac:

Ended up in there for a pint last night, not much has changed since it being the Cornerstone. Was fairly empty till about 10.30 when the pre-town drinkers came in then it was fairly kicking. Still have the couches down the back and all.:D

Smell of damp is now gone.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Was in there last sunday night and they had 5 euro cocktails, which they put a fair amount of alcohol in and I think some bottled beers for 3.50. Not a bad place overall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

That Cornerstone spot has gone through about 5 pubs in as many years!

I can't imagine too many places are going to want to go down the €3 Drinks. It seems to attract more hassle than is rewarded.

Karma was doing affordable drink for years before it started to get mobbed by 18/19 yr old teenagers which led to it closing. Shame, many a great night there.

Advertisement