Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Bill problem

Options
  • 27-04-2010 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

Hi

I just moved to O2 Bill last month and got my first bill this morning via text message, I'm on the 350 plan which is 60 euro a month, so my bill should've read 120 euro as it is done on a pro-rata basis, the bill was 198 euro and I was shocked. When I was in the O2 store I asked for spend alerts, I wanted a text when I went 5 euro over my bill so I'd know to watch my spending then, I never got such a text so I assumed I was still under my limit, great!

The other problem is I was told mobile to mobile calls to Slovakia was about 29c a minute, I queried whether that was just PAYG or billpay too, they told me it was both, the irony is that's the main reason I switched to O2, off the phone with a rep and he told me calls to Slovakia are one euro per minute, my girlfriend is from Slovakia and she rings her mother regularly off my phone, 61 euro was the charge there.

Anyone know where I stand here? I don't know were the O2 reps in store clueless or just trying to get another customer but I feel quite deceived and pissed off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Is she ringing her mother on a mobile phone in Slovakia? Could she try a landline instead, skype would probably be a much better option.

3.95 Euro a month to Slovakia landlines :)

If I was you, keep an eye on your account on O2.ie and details since last bill, don't ever depend on an alert.

Advertisement