Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping a Harp

Options
  • 27-04-2010 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to ship a harp to Wales between May and June. While finding a courier won't be a problem, packaging it is: When I first go the Harp it arrived with styrofoam shaped specifically to accommodate the harp in it's box.

That all got mistakenly thrown out during come house renovations however, so now I'm in need of the proper packaging so that it won't get smashed to pieces if I send it back.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any recommendations?

Thanks a mil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Strings.ie

First thing to do is loosen all the strings to drop the tension on the harp.
    Then buy a huge amount of bubble wrap and wrap it with an inch or more protection. Then find a box and then put that inside another box. Put plenty of fragile tape on the box.
    That should give it a good chance of safe transport but you can never guarantee. Make sure you insure it.
    The other option is to send it in a hard case but that's going to be costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I've a friend who'll be driving it to over for me, so now all I need to do is find a load of bubble wrap! Thanks!

Advertisement