Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to send?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

They work in jobs for less then what the Irish people would work for.
    We got some sort of standard going for wages and now its been made balls of.

Yes this is mainly down to employers taking advantage but they accepted it for long enough and now most jobs are taken by other nationals.

Look end day its hard to argue over this in text form cause i lose track of the points your making but my main point is that whats going on now in Ireland is not excatly same as what most Irish did in other countrys.

The majority of Irish who left Ireland to start a better life else where worked hard and became part of that country. Yes they might of also took alot from other countrys but we well gave our fair share back.

Can you say same for the africans living here?? The chinese are quite keep to themselfs but there here so long now that most them no how country runs and they cant be arsed anymore to make an effort.
    The polish and other eastern euro nationals are hard workers thats there strong point but theres so many of them.

Not all them are here workin if you were to go down the dole in morning as well as plenty of Irish theres a ton of other nationals as well way way to many.

Would we be able do that in there country for as long as there doing it here?

Ill say it again i have no problem with people adding to the country they move to but theres huge section of them just taking from what we have and fact matter is that might not of been noticed as much couple years back but it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are currently an estimated 50000 Irish illegal immigrants in America.

No need for a massive font to get your point across. Links will help support your claims though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Its always same things in these threads Oh the Irish did that to everyone did the same thing!!

There was a famine in this country the country was ****ed the world was a totally different place back then.
    What choice did most Irish people have other then to try and move somewhere better and make a life for ourselfs.

Is Poland ****ed right now?? no its not same goes for all other countrys where people who moved here are from.
    There well able to swan off back on hols to see there familys well why not just maybe stay there?

To survive did they need to come over here and work say two jobs spend very little money and give very little back to Ireland and all live in same flat with bout ten of there mates ??

What good did that do for Ireland really at end the day.
    We are and were just a drop in center for the lower parts of europe and other parts of world i mean how many other countrys would of been stupid enough to just allow so many other nationals just walk into there country and monitor nothing give them money houses cars and so on and just let them do what they liked to a certain degree.

And to person who said why didnt i monitor them coming how ffs would i of been able to :rolleyes: and yes i did give a ****e couple years ago when i saw Ireland become a refugee camp for every other bloody nation that had problems.

End day i have no problem at all with any people who want to move to Ireland and make a proper life of them selfs and who want to contribute to THIS country. Where all allowed that we all should have a chance of doing things fair.

But its done arse ways from the start here and its just taken advantage of theres no need for it.
    Most of them dont even want to get along with Irish people learn decent English just take take take as much as possible then **** off back home when they have enough and were left in the ****.

Sorry but we did not do that to America.

i think your obliviousness of knowledge what did the Irish do during the famine is funny :)

i think your obliviousness of knowledge what did the Irish do during the famine is funny :)

Hilarious!! Just like yourself must be so cool is it ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Deport Joe Duffy!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

Its always same things in these threads Oh the Irish did that to everyone did the same thing!!

There was a famine in this country the country was ****ed the world was a totally different place back then.
    What choice did most Irish people have other then to try and move somewhere better and make a life for ourselfs.

Is Poland ****ed right now?? no its not same goes for all other countrys where people who moved here are from.
    There well able to swan off back on hols to see there familys well why not just maybe stay there?

To survive did they need to come over here and work say two jobs spend very little money and give very little back to Ireland and all live in same flat with bout ten of there mates ??

What good did that do for Ireland really at end the day.
    We are and were just a drop in center for the lower parts of europe

Wait, "lower parts of europe"? Are you saying people from Eastern and Central Europe are like drug addicts or otherwise the lowest of the low in society?
    Or are they just plain old Untermenschen?

Morkarleth wrote: »
    Wait, "lower parts of europe"? Are you saying people from Eastern and Central Europe are like drug addicts or otherwise the lowest of the low in society?
    Or are they just plain old Untermenschen?

There countrys are not as developed. Hence the reason there here.

And when the Irish did that, it was fine, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

yeah, cos we're rapid!

Im not writing everything i said all over again :p
    Here lets just make this quick your right on everything your gonna say ok ? Happy ? :D

Bet your over the moon now!! :)

• Advertisement

I'd be happy if you at least made an effort to use correct spelling and grammar, it's not difficult.

So there was a famine, right? That was over a hundred years ago. What about during the '80s when Irish people went off to make money abroad and send it home?
    Was that okay?

I'd be happy if you at least made an effort to use correct spelling and grammar, it's not difficult.

So there was a famine, right? That was over a hundred years ago. What about during the '80s when Irish people went off to make money abroad and send it home?
    Was that okay?

For last time i already said what we did in 80s didnt i ?? I already said we done just as much as anyone else didnt i?
    What my point is that this country right now is over run by other nationals and probley not even there fault half the time yes id rather half them went back home because half them are of no use to Ireland and there just sponging off of us.

We have enough scum from our own country doing this dont need anymore.

And if my grammer is so bad dont read it pretend im not even here just ignore me ok cause im not gonna change how i type for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I've been working in the same place for the past 7 years. Nobody took my job.

For last time i already said what we did in 80s didnt i ??

No, you went on about the Famine; you never mentioned the '80s.
    I already said we done just as much as anyone else didnt i?

Not really, no. You qualified it by saying "we gave a lot back"; it was pretty clear you were excusing their behaviour because they were Irish.
    What my point is that this country right now is over run by other nationals

I disagree.
    and probley not even there fault half the time yes id rather half them went back home because half them are of no use to Ireland and there just sponging off of us.

I'm sure you have evidence of this, yes?
    We have enough scum from our own country doing this dont need anymore.

I doubt most of the immigrants are "scum" but if you have proof they are, please enlighten me.
    And if my grammer is so bad dont read it pretend im not even here just ignore me ok cause im not gonna change how i type for you.

I never said you had to.

I never called them scum i said we have enough of our own scum here living off the state with out having to have people from other countrys
    doing it as well.

So tell me then what do u think ? What is going on with other nationals in Ireland well?
    Are you happy with so many of them being over here and how they live ?

biko wrote: »
    Everyone is on about the "fordiners" and how "dey tukk ar jabs" but who do you really mean when you say this?

Poll options
    Spain/UK/Scandinavia (West EU)
    Russia/Hungary/Romania (East EU)
    Poland (Central EU)
    China/SE Asia (East non-EU)
    Australia/US/Canada (West non-EU)
    Middle East
    Africa

I know there's countries missing but afaik these are the major groups of foreigners in Ireland at present.

I'd be more inclined to send the greedy bastards that exported our jobs* in the first place. Followed by those that have arrived and don't work.

*when was the last time you bought something "made in Ireland"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Foreign workers? Céad míle fáilte romhaibh!

Bogus asylum seekers? I will find you and 'disappear' you. Nobody will hear you scream as you breathe your last in a boghole up the mountains. You'll beg for your life and a return trip to your land of origin. I've disappeared 8 of you so far.*

*May just spit at you in the street in reality.

I never called them scum i said we have enough of our own scum here living off the state with out having to have people from other countrys
    doing it as well.

Do you mean allowing criminals to immigrate here?
    So tell me then what do u think ? What is going on with other nationals in Ireland well?

Could you rephrase that; I'm not sure what you mean.
    Are you happy with so many of them being over here and how they live ?

I am.

I just think we have enough people on the dole from Ireland here already and enough people not bothering to work and living off the people who bother to pay there way.
    Why have even more from other countrys just adding to it.

What do you think of the current state of Ireland like hows it feel when you walk around citys an towns or go into shops for example and you feel like your on holidays in your own country.

Fair enough to be totally honest theres a fair amount of them that are doing no harm and that dont bother me at all.
    BUT theres alot who i wish were not here they do nothing but moan complain run down our country and take from our country and pretty much just treat this place like an extention to where there from.

You're talking about areas with a lot of immigrants? It honestly doesn't bother me.

As for the Dole, of course there's some who game the system but they're not a majority, by any stretch.

• Advertisement

You're talking about areas with a lot of immigrants? It honestly doesn't bother me.

As for the Dole, of course there's some who game the system but they're not a majority, by any stretch.

I live in Dublin so it bothers me and from what ive seen in certain parts country its just as bad if not worse. Every day things like the buses i get everyday to and from work its a local service the Irish drivers are always early always friendly and actually do there job right. Polish drivers are ignorant ****s who are never on time and its clear there taking there time.
    Theres examples like this all over there place in different things yes theres plenty Irish at it as well but jesus look at the taxi drivers for example ever get a cab home from town at 4 in the morning from an african fella??
    Ive been robbed from them twice and thats just me as an example.

The dole situation well if u go to sign on where i used to its mainly forgieners africans asians europeans every day the week.
    Your bound to of seen the ones with loads kids gettin every benifit going off the state why the hell can they do this over here when more then likely we probley be told where to go if was other way around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

There is no junkie, knacker, knife wielding drug dealer or toothless junkie prostitute option.

angerfist i think your missing the point that the boom was here because of so many foreign investors coming into Ireland and establishing their factories and businesses here...together they brought some of the company's asset's which are the people polish and other nationalities...without foreigners that you hate, a boom would have never took place. Cause it was foreign investors who made the boom happen.

and about foreigners leeching of the government im sure plenty or Irish people did that too over in America and England...

and last now tell me that every single Irish person is punctual? their not...alot of time 10 mins means 3 hours...so its a bit unfair! i agree most polish are very ignorant but u cant call all of em like that...i knew some lovely people!

angerfist i think your missing the point that the boom was here because of so many foreign investors coming into Ireland and establishing their factories and businesses here...together they brought some of the company's asset's which are the people polish and other nationalities...without foreigners that you hate, a boom would have never took place. Cause it was foreign investors who made the boom happen.

and about foreigners leeching of the government im sure plenty or Irish people did that too over in America and England...

and last now tell me that every single Irish person is punctual? their not...alot of time 10 mins means 3 hours...so its a bit unfair! i agree most polish are very ignorant but u cant call all of em like that...i knew some lovely people!

See theres thing i dont hate them all i have worked with plenty of them and alot are nice people who i have no problem with i just dont agree with the nature in which the country has handled them coming over here.

And ya of course theres bad Irish people for everyone that is not Irish im never gonna disgree with that fact.

My main problems are the way eastern europeans seem to of took control over most of the smaller and mid range jobs in Ireland not everyone is to lazy to do them theres alot of people out there who cant get jobs now cause some polish fella with no family has two of them thats not fair.

And how Africans in general treat this country and there attitude towards everything that pisses me off so much and its got nothing do with color of there skin i couldn care less if they were blue :p
    There could be lot of nice ones going around but you rarely see them and i mean u see it all time there the ones with attitude problem there loud ignorant only interested in gettin as much as possibly can and i have had nothing but bad experience with them. I can bet for sure im not only one who if they were aloud to say it would also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The second largest in the poll are Africans with 28 at the moment. Are you all taxi drivers or something? Haven't seen many Africans work in many other industries. Of course that isn't to say that they don't.

WindSock wrote: »
    The second largest in the poll are Africans with 28 at the moment. Are you all taxi drivers or something? Haven't seen many Africans work in many other industries. Of course that isn't to say that they don't.

I refuse to get in a taxi driven by them after a certain time in the morning.
    I live in Co Dublin and twice headin home from town with drink on me i have had money robbed off me by them.
    I have been gettin taxi s years and not one problem like this ever.

My main problems are the way eastern europeans seem to of took control over most of the smaller and mid range jobs in Ireland not everyone is to lazy to do them theres alot of people out there who cant get jobs now cause some polish fella with no family has two of them thats not fair.

And how Africans in general treat this country and there attitude towards everything that pisses me off so much and its got nothing do with color of there skin i couldn care less if they were blue :p
    There could be lot of nice ones going around but you rarely see them and i mean u see it all time there the ones with attitude problem there loud ignorant only interested in gettin as much as possibly can and i have had nothing but bad experience with them. I can bet for sure im not only one who if they were aloud to say it would also.

well agree with the african part...most of them dont do ANYTHING :S just the dole...some are quite successful though :)

about the mid range jobs...the fact is that no irish person wanted to work in mcdonalds or as cleaners...them jobs were filled in by foreign nationals and their making a career out of it or w/e...now that theres no jobs left and **** ones are taken you want em? seems a bit silly :) its like a young child with its toys...he doesnt want em now but if some else takes it he wants it back!

well agree with the african part...most of them dont do ANYTHING :S just the dole...some are quite successful though :)

about the mid range jobs...the fact is that no irish person wanted to work in mcdonalds or as cleaners...them jobs were filled in by foreign nationals and their making a career out of it or w/e...now that theres no jobs left and **** ones are taken you want em? seems a bit silly :) its like a young child with its toys...he doesnt want em now but if some else takes it he wants it back!

Ah its not that man its the fact not everyone has the things required for higher jobs i mean where do young people start where do u get experience these days. Couple years back you could get a job on your school hols or something like this that is very very hard now. And i mean thats one example.
    Ya there were lazy ones and people who taught ah here im to good for this job but not everyone is like that and now we dont have a choice anymore were left with just fas courses and be totally honest most time they do **** all.

Before i finally got a decent job i worked in three burger kings warehouses and many a centra and spar its becoming hard to even get these on a full time bases now.

and do you think its easier somewhere else?

• Advertisement
Advertisement