Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

public liability insurance, do I need it

Options
  • 27-04-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi, any help appreciated, I could possibly have the option of a job delivering and picking up items for a shop on a contract basis. I know i would need commercial insurance for a van but may need public liability insurace, is this correct?
    if so, what kind of figure would it cost?
    Are there any other types of insurance required?
    Basically I would be collecting second hand goods from peoples homes and delivering them to the shop and then occasionally delivering large items sold by the shop to customers homes!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Opel1. You need a haulage package seeing that they are not your goods. Ordinary commercial vehicle insurance is not sufficient. Part of the package would include public liability but you need to check out for Goods In Trust cover incase stuff you are carrying gets damaged in an accident, stolen or goes up with the vehicle in a fire. PM me if you would like someone in the company i work with to give you a call

• Registered Users Posts: 24 opel1

Thanks for the reply oldyouth, pm sent.
    cheers

Advertisement