Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distribution Boards/Consumer Units

Options
  • 27-04-2010 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm trying to find a cheap supplier of 3 row, steel, with door, DIN rail and front. I'm wiring my workshop and will need 2 of, I have 3ph so need about 18way rows. Crabtree units would be nice but I'm not loaded. Where would you lads source these, kellehers and the like said all they have are 2 row plastic. I do metalwork so plastic is not my first choice. Or failing that does anyone have old units removed from previous jobs during upgrade etc.
    Spannerman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

for the 18,36 54 way steel

i normally buy the empty board and assemble it

CEF do a crabtree i think but i nprmally use the GE

kellihers will do these. they must have run out

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

a lot of the wholesalers will have GE boards in metal cause i think a lot of them buy of reg farrel in dublin. there are a good few wholeslers in cork which im assuming is where the op is.
    there are a few branches of CEF and kellihers aswell as companys like mck in togher. one of them should have a metal 3 row which i think is a 36 mod. some of them might deal with Garo here in dublin so if you ring garo they might tell you who they are supplying down that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

Thanks for that lads, no doubt it shall be sorted thanks to your leads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

Thanks ;)
    I totaly forgot about CEF, quoted €100 + Vat and never came across Demesne, very handy and good for comparing pricing.
    Every day's a school day :cool:.

What I'm doing BTW is getting all the parts together for my electrician to build the board, I qualified for ships but not on land, I'm an Engineer by trade and at sea you are often the electrician depending on tonnage so no probs with generation and distribution up to 6.6 KV. No longer at sea and I'm now building a workshop. So I'll do all the cable runs, design the system mount fittings and get my lecky to build boards, install them and test and cert the system, have to give him some work. At least I'll save a few quid.

Once again thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement