Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some good news from Upton Park?

• 27-04-2010 4:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

What do you make of this news?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11685_6118967,00.html

David Sullivan has basically said that every player bar Scott Parker will be sold if the price is right.
    Do you think this is a good or bad thing?
    I personally thing it's good,as there is way too much dead weight in the squad and a revamp is certainly needed.
    I think he's making an attempt to take the club forward,and the £4m for Dorrans today shows his intent.
    What do you make of it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Kind of singles out Parker though. The rest might not be impressed with that.

Anyway, is he really saying that if an over the odds bid comes in for Parker he'll say no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Sullivan is an idiot. He should stick to the pr0n industry. Seems to always say the wrong thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Can't see how putting your entire squad up for sale is ever good news tbh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

it's a gimmick if anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I would be surprised if parker is there next season there are loads of clubs with better squads/teams then Westham that would be seriously better with him in there team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

I would be surprised if parker is there next season there are loads of clubs with better squads/teams then Westham that would be seriously better with him in there team

Parker's said a few times that he doesn't want to leave......not that that ever meant much from a footballer......but we'll have to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Des wrote: »
    it's a gimmick if anything
    How so?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I think he's making an attempt to take the club forward,and the £4m for Dorrans today shows his intent.
    What do you make of it?

£4m...seems like a contradiction to the first part.*

*I have no idea who he is - Premiership? Championship - West Brom maybe..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

dfx- wrote: »
    £4m...seems like a contradiction to the first part.*

*I have no idea who he is - Premiership? Championship - West Brom maybe..?

How?
    Dorrans has been arguably the best player in the Championship this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I'm surprised he's open to letting carlton cole leave - different team when he plays. He proved at chelsea that he's not a top top player, but could easily play for a mid table team like Sunderland, Blackburn or
    Liverpool
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭larchielads

when you read the headline on ssn it says all players bar parker up for sale then straight away after that it says upson offered new contract????

go figure!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Bigging up Parker for a fatter transfer fee, no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

stovelid wrote: »

That's what I thought. Have to say, whatever you think about Sullivan and Gold, they did well for Brum, they know what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Zola doesn't want to be involved with transfers? All sounds a bit odd.. Or maybe just..made up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

stovelid wrote: »
    I would somehow doubt it. Any idiot could see that Parker was one of the main reasons we stayed up this year. I'd fear for us next season if we let Parker go and hopefully the chairman would too. Don't think we'll have 3 teams as poor as Hull, Burnley and Portsmouth in the Premiership next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Zola is looking to be paid off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I would somehow doubt it. Any idiot could see that Parker was one of the main reasons we stayed up this year. I'd fear for us next season if we let Parker go and hopefully the chairman would too. Don't think we'll have 3 teams as poor as Hull, Burnley and Portsmouth in the Premiership next season.

You need money, Parker could earn a substantial over the odds fee because of his profile and recent form. Selling one player is probably better than selling 5, no matter how good that one player is...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

You need money, Parker could earn a substantial over the odds fee because of his profile and recent form. Selling one player is probably better than selling 5, no matter how good that one player is...
    True, we do need money. But that money wouldn't do us any good if we're languishing in the championship the season after next. Personally I'd say we'd get enough from selling any/all of Cole, Green, Upson and Behrami to be OK. Personally I feel they're replaceable. I would hope that Parker will be our captain next season.
    Then again, given the reign of Gold and Sullivan so far, I wouldn't be surprised if you're right.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

How many clubs in the world could honestly say all of their players are not for sale?

Two, maybe?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

How?
    Dorrans has been arguably the best player in the Championship this season.

Is £4m for a Championship player showing intent on bringing the club forward...or a big gamble..

Of course, there's no reason why it won't work as a gamble either

• Advertisement
Advertisement