Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ouija boards

Options
  • 27-04-2010 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

just wanted to know peoples views/story's about these things as in

1.would you ever
    2.do you believe
    3.have you ever
    4.what was your experiences
    Tagged:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If you search the forum youll find a few threads on the topic.

1.would you ever Not again
    2.do you believe Depends on circumstances
    3.have you ever Yes
    4.what was your experiences Damaging

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Oryx wrote: »

3.have you ever Yes

i would never
    i did see ont trown away
    was even afraid to touch it
    have heard that they really do work
    can bring on alot more than one asks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

have you any links i cant seem to find some on ouija boards i bought one recently and was looking for some proper info from people who have actually experimented with them a lot of non sense that i found on the net noting that explains it properly for me

cheers

goat2 wrote: »
    i would never
    i did see ont trown away
    was even afraid to touch it
    have heard that they really do work
    can bring on alot more than one asks

i have one here had it a while no instructions with it iv read all the storys alri so basicly what iv read is more then likely true does any body know how you actually go about activating the board

iv read if you sit in a circle of salt you can be safe from evil spirits is this true i see my self more of a skeptic towards it will i be proved wrong? i just dont know what way to go about it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

its basically a game. technically probably a mind game, but a game none the less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Did use one.
    Answers were good.
    Would need more investigation.

The spirit said she gained something from the communication, power or somesuch, some people give her more, so she like them more.

Oddly it was the 2 guys who started the board that had the best connection.

Did use one.
    Answers were good.
    Would need more investigation.

The spirit said she gained something from the communication, power or somesuch, some people give her more, so she like them more.

Oddly it was the 2 guys who started the board that had the best connection.

woooah thats madness that is lol all my friends are paro to bits to go near the thing did it take long to get going

potsy86 wrote: »
    woooah thats madness that is lol all my friends are paro to bits to go near the thing did it take long to get going

Couldn't say, wasn't there when it was first used. Probably not long, the guys who started it would have got bored after 15 mins of nothing.
    Keep in mind, I am still sceptical but it was interesting.
    Ideomotor movement is what I'd currently put it down to.

Couldn't say, wasn't there when it was first used. Probably not long, the guys who started it would have got bored after 15 mins of nothing.
    Keep in mind, I am still sceptical but it was interesting.
    Ideomotor movement is what I'd currently put it down to.

had a lil snip read of that now that is something very interesting indeed that has opened up a hole new world for me i all ways tought it would be something of the mind in some way and if there was an explanation for it there is a hell of a load a storys out there about them which would make ya believe it works then your own mind thinking that causes Ideomotor :pac::confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

3.have you ever Yes

cliff notes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

1.would you ever Sure, although I wouldn't be any fun because I'd be trying to catch out whoever was moving it
    2.do you believe No
    3.have you ever Yes
    4.what was your experiences 2 of us moved our hands away and discovered our other mate (who's really into paranormal sh*t) was moving it. Not damaging at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I posted this up in the main forum before.

It's the original patent for the Ouija Board:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=0aU_AAAAEBAJ&pg=PA1&dq=446054&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=2#v=onepage&q&f=false

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

Tbqh, I think the degree to which ouija boards work depends on the level of belief of the person in the concept, how susceptible the person is to hype and the effect of creepy situations on people.

A lot of people are terrified and extremely affected by horror films, for example. Now were these people to experiment with something real, something with such mystique surrounding it, something which has been hyped up so much as "dark", "evil" etc. and purported to work by many, I think it'd scare the living daylights out of them and cause their imaginations to run wild.

I'd be curious to try one. I wouldn't expect much, but I understand I'd have to do it with an open mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

1.would you ever
    2.do you believe
    3.have you ever
    4.what was your experiences

1.would you ever Yes
    2.do you believe No
    3.have you ever Not yet; but I want to just to laugh at it
    4.what was your experiences None as yet, but I've heard about it a lot

I am the ultimate sceptic and non-believer... I would love to try a Ouija Board to try and re-summon Jimi Hendrix or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Want to buy a good one . but cant find one
    Someone knows a shop where to get one??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Want to buy a good one . but cant find one
    Someone knows a shop where to get one??

Think you'd have to go online.

Amazon has the current edition of the Parker Brothers Board.

http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-00600-Ouija-Board-Glow-in-the-Dark/dp/B0000524NG

Or a piece of plywood/cardboard & a marker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Think you'd have to go online.

Amazon has the current edition of the Parker Brothers Board.

http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-00600-Ouija-Board-Glow-in-the-Dark/dp/B0000524NG

From the product description:
    It has always been mysterious. It has always been mystifying. And now...it glows in the dark!

Now I'm really scared!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

1.would you ever Sure
    2.do you believe Nope (if you mean the claim they communicate with the dead)
    3.have you ever Yes
    4.what was your experiences Our group formed letters and words they then interpreted to mean something. Then Billy's head exploded

pretty typical experiences with them I imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

I've heard loads of people telling horrible stories involving ouija boards.

I think they are fake and using them as a believer can have negative psychological effects (which can be mistaken for supernatural ones).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Nick Dolan

Man posting a YouTube video here is a pain. But these Salem dudes are worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

Nick Dolan wrote: »

Man posting a YouTube video here is a pain. But these Salem dudes are worth it

That Christian guy has a brainwashed-like stare about him.

What a bunch of weirdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

1.would you ever Yes
    2.do you believe No
    3.have you ever Yes
    4.what were your experiences I thought I heard someone call my name, which freaked me out. However I was about 8 at the time, was within earshot of dozens of houses, and don't have an unusual name, so I'm more inclined to believe that it was someone calling somebody with the same name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Tried it. Didn't work. Ouija boards are only successful because of the subconscious motor neuron in the brain which stores information and does stuff without you noticing. Like breathing and blinking fall into this neuron. With Oujia boards its just the same. It wasn't even originally meant to be used for contacting dead people but actually finding more out about yourself lol

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

1.would you ever Yes
    2.do you believe Total skeptic
    3.have you ever No
    4.what were your experiences Haven't tried it...yet...

I was just wondering if anyone knows the reason, if there is one, why Ouija boards aren't available in this country. They seem commerically available as toys (produced by Hasbro no less) in America, yet I've never come across a place that actually sells them here. Does anyone know anywhere, other than on the internet, were I can get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

1.would you ever Yes
    2.do you believe Nope!
    3.have you ever Yep!
    4.what was your experiences Bugger all. As no spirits were present at the time I opened a bottle of my own and filled the glass with whiskey and had a wonderful night.

And there you have it. Please don't waste your time pushing an empty glass around a table. Simply pour and enjoy.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

Advertisement