Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Social and Scientific counted as a lab science subject??

Options
  • 27-04-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi Im just wondering if Social and Scientific is counted as a science subject for any medicine courses.

My teacher said she thought it was but I cant find anything online that says this.

I am keeping on biology, but Im aware that in most medicine courses you need two lab science subjects.

Any replies greatly appreciated!! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Do you mean Home Ec like? It's not as far as I know (some don't even take Ag Science I hear)

Although for UCD you only need one science! Trinity is 2, don't know about the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

I've never seen it mentioned anywhere as a science subject for medicine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It's not unfortunately.

Science subjects for Medicine usually mean only Physics, Biology or Chemistry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

No, Home Ec doesn't count as a science subject for Medicine - but UCC and TCD are the only med schools that actually require two sciences. You can get into NUIG, UCD and RCSI with only Biology, although you won't be able to skip Pre-Med (which isn't much of a downside, considering what a good year Pre-Med is).

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Tippgal93

Thanks for the replies!!

Hopefully Id be able to manage one of those colleges anyway. . Thats if everything goes to plan :rolleyes::)

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement