Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Visit to Westport - What to do?

Options
  • 27-04-2010 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hello

This weekend myself and the OH are heading to Westport for a long weekend. Staying in the Westport Woods. Neither of us has ever been to Westport before, or Mayo for that matter :o

We were planning on climbing Croagh Patrick on Friday morning so if I survive that, what else would you recommend?
    Can you tell me some nice places to eat in the evenings and what pubs would be good?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Westport is a great spot as long as the weather is decent.;) Obviously climbing the reek is what everyone does, the views from the top are class. Visit Westport House. Visit Westport Quay. Cycle the new 17 km Greenway between Newport and Mulranney for some more fantastic scenery. Not so sure about restaurants but most of the pubs are great. Have a great time.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

2nd what the last poster said, you try the Atlantic drive to Achill, lovely spot down there.

Plenty of beaches out towards Louisburgh also.

Westport is full of lovely restaurants.

Enjoy yourself.

Advertisement