Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and Work?? Quick Q....

Options
  • 27-04-2010 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am currently on BTEA, but haven't worked all year, what with study and what not.

I have just been offered some sub teaching work in a couple of weeks time.

I'd imagine about 30 hours in the week. Can anybody tell me if thirty hours is above the maximum you're supposed to work? Also if the SW actually look into it or care?

And also if I haven't worked all year would they mind me doing thirty hours in one week, or would they be more inclined to turn a blind eye?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

BTEA isn't paid during the summer months, presumably June, July and August. I'd assume that what you do in the summer is up to you. You have the option of claiming Jobseeker's for the summer months, but I'd imagine getting a seasonal job isn't going to be a problem.

Give Citizen's Information a ring anyway though, they know everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭EskimoJack

you can work any hours while on BTEA

Advertisement