Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play area safety options

• 27-04-2010 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

We're looking to child proof an area of out back garden for the little fella.

We bought the place last year and the garden is a patio style with gravel

I want to box off a 12 square meter section and make it safe as possible to minimise trips to causualty!

I was looking at Robberlok tiles but that works out at around 600 quid for the space.

Wood chips...not mad about them to be honest. they get wet and crappy!

There was a thread on this before but its three years old...any suggestions would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

check out cow mats at your local agri co/op should be priced at around 12/15 euros sq mts 22/25mm thickness 6' x 4', black in colour, or for 18/20 euros sq mts, you would get a honeycomb type matting, 4' x4' softer than the cow matts, deeper as well, used in manufacturing if standing at machines all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

would you put sand down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

check out cow mats at your local agri co/op should be priced at around 12/15 euros sq mts 22/25mm thickness 6' x 4', black in colour, or for 18/20 euros sq mts, you would get a honeycomb type matting, 4' x4' softer than the cow matts, deeper as well, used in manufacturing if standing at machines all day.

Sounds good, where would i get them in Dublin?

Advertisement