Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from O2 to Vodafone - couple of q's

Options
  • 27-04-2010 5:09pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I checked the FAQ and it doesn't seem to be mentioned..

Switching to Vodafone tomorrow, does anyone know if Vodafone have an equivalent of the *111# command on O2 pay monthly? I.e. to show you how many minutes, SMS, and MB of data you have left in your monthly allowance? I see you can do it on their website, but it's handy to be able to quickly check on the phone.

Also, do I need to do anything with o2 in order to cancel my account, or do Vodafone handle that for me? I am out of contract ages so I have no obligations that I'm aware of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Cheers.

Switch seems to have gone OK, except now I have no packet data connectivity. Settings are fine for sure, and I tried the SIM in another phone that vodafone isp/live definitely works on.

Also I can't call customer care on 1907 because when I key in my mobile phone number on their menu system it says it's not a valid vodafone number! So I am at the mercy of emailed customer care.

Anyone else ever experience packet data issues when changing provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Hey,

I have to say porting over to Vodafone is painful. I work in IT Support and we look after phones for a few places. I'd say data isn't enabled on you sim from the Vodafone side, this happens constantly! Every time I have had a phone porting over to Vodafone I've had to call them and get them to activate stuff like Data, Caller ID, Roaming, even tariff options like free Vodafone to Vodafone calls.

Whoever or what ever sets up the account from the Vodafone side never gets it right and leaves half of the options out. It's even worse if its a Blackberry as there is more to be left out.

It usually takes a few phone calls talking to support / data support and account managers!

Advertisement