Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waldorf q / micro q vs Blofeld?

Options
  • 27-04-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I'm seriously considering purchasing either the Waldorf Q or Micro Q. Has anybody any experience with either of these synths? How do they compare with the Blofeld (apart from the lack of outputs in the Blofeld, and the lower number of wavetables in the Qs)?

Is there anywhere you can buy either the Q or the Micro Q in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

the blofeld has all their wavetables and filters, like you say its the outputs that differ,
    also the blofeld os is easy to navigate compared to the q's

i have the blofeld and its a great little machine, love the mod matrix and i dont miss the extra outputs, generally i just record it in and use the blofeld mono-timbrally,

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

Yep the blofeld seems to be a no-brainer in alot of ways. Esp when you consider it provides sample playback and import. However the interface / amount of knobs on the bigger Q is the nicest i've seen on a synth. And the price feels a bit like robbery when you consider they've packed all the functionality and then some into the Blofeld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

the blofeld doesn't ship with the samples feature unless you buy the keyboard version, its a paid for update on the desktop version. plus they're user wavetables, 60Mb isn't alot of sampling time at 44.1kHz.

Been mulling this over. I don't need the sample feature. So I'm going to try and find a second hand Microwave XT and Q-Rack / Micro Q as I could do with the extra outputs and degree of control. I actually had a Blofeld and sold it (which I now deeply regret). It has to be the biggest bargain in synths at the moment. I actually think I preferred it to my Virus.

The Microwave XT arrived today (I'm not home yet though!). Will post details later.

• Advertisement
Advertisement