Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

only got half speed internet no voice calls- how??

• 27-04-2010 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭

This has not happened to me before but I now only have half speed internet and no vocie calls in or out!! I have flaggged on vodafone site but a neigbour has a problem with line as well. However, how is it I can have internet but no voice calls?? Is this an exchange problem or can I blame Vodafone??

weird

gb--

ps yes I am one of those moved from BT to Vodafone.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Exchange problem , loose jumper wire to voice cards. the half speed is probably a short caused by the loose wires

It could be a dodgy filter , does the speed improve if you plug the bb straight in the wall socket with no filter.....you only need a filter for voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭swoofer

no, just tried it and speed is worse but this is the time when bb goes bad anyway. who do i ring to get it fixed? i am with vodafone.

thanks for reply. i have been using a few routers over the weekend and thought it might have been me.

i have the eircom integrated socket and just used the old scoket now as well.

does this mean someone is messing at the exchange and could it mean they are upgrading?/

gbcullen

ps when i use the integrated socket, speed goes back up

• Registered Users Posts: 30 crownhill

Inform Vodafone of line fault I think it's 1800 927380. It appears that your line has gone high resistance i.e. bad joint or corrosion this would account for your reduced adsl speed but too high resistance to to seize a line. Thus no dial tone

thank you. I have the main wall socket with the integrated filter sitting on my desk as I swop between phone and fax. When you mentioned bad joint I double checked the socket and one of the little gold connectors was loose and fell off. So what I need is a new integrated wall socket but I got this one from an eircom van!! Do I just report the fault and vodafone will provide me with wall socket?

Its the bit that screws to the wall if you know what I mean.

gb--

here is an update, all sorted, eircom were doing a bit of housekeeping at the cabinet at end of road and got some jumpers crossed!! phew i am glad to be back as normal and i got a new box.

gb--

• Advertisement
Advertisement