Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireless mouse freezing/acting the bo****ks.

• 27-04-2010 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

hi guys, having a small problem with my mouse.

2 months ago, I had a logitech mx revolution, and it started acting up on me.
    Every now and the left mouse button would take several clicks to do something, double clicking was a nightmare, and when moving the mouse around the screen, it would sometimes lag/freeze.

to cut to the chase, i fired it off a wall, and its now in loads of pieces.

So i went to curry's, and bought a new mouse. I loved my mx revolution, and it worked for 3 years perfectly, until the problem started, so i decided to stick with logitech.

I bought a logitech mx620, and it worked perfect for the last 2 months.
    Now, its happening again!

I have a different computer, and ive tested the mouse in my laptop and same problem.
    I also noticed this on my old mouse.

So i can safely rule out it being a computer/hardware/software issue.

Ive also bought several types of batteries, including rechargable ones, and it makes no difference.

So, could it be a wireless problem?

any help here would be great, as i dont want to bring it back to curry's and ask for a replacement, as i dont have the box nor the receipt anymore.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Anything nearby giving off EM interference?

I had a similar problem with a wireless mouse, I eventually narrowed it down to the transmitter being too close to an AC cable.

May or may not be relevant, worth mentioning anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

hi guys, having a small problem with my mouse.

2 months ago, I had a logitech mx revolution, and it started acting up on me.
    Every now and the left mouse button would take several clicks to do something, double clicking was a nightmare, and when moving the mouse around the screen, it would sometimes lag/freeze.

to cut to the chase, i fired it off a wall, and its now in loads of pieces.

So i went to curry's, and bought a new mouse. I loved my mx revolution, and it worked for 3 years perfectly, until the problem started, so i decided to stick with logitech.

I bought a logitech mx620, and it worked perfect for the last 2 months.
    Now, its happening again!

I have a different computer, and ive tested the mouse in my laptop and same problem.
    I also noticed this on my old mouse.

So i can safely rule out it being a computer/hardware/software issue.

Ive also bought several types of batteries, including rechargable ones, and it makes no difference.

So, could it be a wireless problem?

any help here would be great, as i don't want to bring it back to curry's and ask for a replacement, as i don't have the box nor the receipt anymore.

I have the same problem. I have logitech wireless speakers that cause the interference (it likely something else wireless perhaps even your neighbours otherwise. 2.4GHz range is mighty congested). Quick fix is power on the speakers before the PC and its usually fine.

Bit of a joke that two logitech products interfere with each other..:mad:

Try using the mouse with your laptop at work or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,236 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ive been using a v450 nano for close on 9 months now without a fuss. And I've probably had to change the batteries twice. Also running it with an older logitech wireless keyboard that I found in a dollar bin at the flea market :)

I would open up a support ticket with Logitech. Their support is good, I've found.

Look at all sources though. Including wireless networks, and power. If youre on the laptop, run it on the battery. I once had a bad refurb charger that was shorting, and when I had the laptop plugged into it aside from electrocuting me along any of the metal contacts, it also made the touchpad dysfunctional, and the sound crackled and got noisier as the charger deteriorated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

thanks for the info, after doing some reading on the logitech forums, it turns out a lot of people have the same problem.

Logitech seem to just rma most items doing this.

Ill try moving some stuff around, away from the pc/wireless usb mouse dongle and see if it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

thanks for the info, after doing some reading on the logitech forums, it turns out a lot of people have the same problem.

Logitech seem to just rma most items doing this.

Ill try moving some stuff around, away from the pc/wireless usb mouse dongle and see if it helps.

well i used logitech mouse's and gamepads a long time ago until i realised how bad they are. it's simply bad hardware and software that they use. a bit of advice here never use logitech simple as that end yourself the pain of dealing with their rubbish hardware. they overcharge too much for their stuff anyway. they just can't make proper hardware and never will. of course IMO that is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement