Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suing Boards.ie

Options
  • 27-04-2010 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I want to discuss a company, for example a health service company that was advertising a percentage reduction on services if you had cover with a certain health provider can boards.ie be sued if i explain that they dont give the % reduction like they advertise.

If i left out names, but it was obvious who the company was to those who would be looking for this service, could boards.ie be sued.

Also, if i was saying that they were using false misleading ads, and this was fact and can be proved, as the ad will be changed shortly because i made a complaint, can boards.ie be sued?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

In before the lock.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭rocksteady36

What is in before the lock mean?

I am not the company, i just posted elsewhere and the mod is nervous that the htread may leave boards.ie open to threats of legal action so closed my thread, i dont think it does?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

I would say be very careful about your facts. If you post something that can be somehow twisted to say you were not saying the entire truth or were misleading yourself, you might get yourself or boards in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The poorly hidden name of the company is obvious. If you want a soapbox to shout from, you take any resulting legal fallout, so use your own soapbox (website) instead of exposing boards to legal risk.

That said, I've seen worse allegations and naming in, oh say, Consumer Issues, for one example.

pretty new at this boards thing, but thought it was the place to discuss these issues. Forum = open discussion bla bla bla

Whats the big deal.........

I didnt name them and its obvious cos it is a specific issue

didnt know about consumer thread. But thought it belonged in a place where ppl will go to to get advice on that subject. when people want to know where to go for a dentist and the costs, they dont go to consumer page.

May be i put too much info in, but its easy to start waffling on lol

• Advertisement

looked at the consumer threads, my little soapbox rant is nothing compared to whats said there.

Joke

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Answer: No

Here's the Lock

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement