Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda XR 125

• 27-04-2010 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

i'm looking into getting one of these...

Any one had one? what they like? reliable? good on petrol ? etc...?

How much would i be looking at paying for a 2nd hand one???

also where would be a good place to find such a bike,

also if anyone can recommened any other 125 'road legal' scrambler looking bikes, please put here...

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Dtr 125r there is no competition
    my one did 75000 miles in Dublin traffic and would still do 80 two up when the gearbox went, I'm gonna rebuild her but I'd never sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

pittsburgh wrote: »
    i'm looking into getting one of these...

Any one had one? what they like? reliable? good on petrol ? etc...?

How much would i be looking at paying for a 2nd hand one???

also where would be a good place to find such a bike,

also if anyone can recommened any other 125 'road legal' scrambler looking bikes, please put here...

thanks
    Haven't had an XR but rode a Honda CityFly 125 (actually, I'd reccomend looking at them) for a year and loved it. I assume its the same engine and, if so, its about the most reliable on the road. Any 125 should be handy on petrol.

Price will depend on a lot of factors; what year would you be thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

That yamaha is nice looking alright, i really like the scrambler looking bikes...

I looked on some sites for a XR and they all seem pretty nice, so i suppose looking to get an 08 or 07? What kind of mileage is too much on a XR? I heard they run for ever tho?

Also can someone tell me some good sites to look for bikes on? so far i know of bikebuyersguide, donedeal, adverts, gumtree...

any more?

I also got a qoute of 900 for the Honda XR, i am 21 and had a A1 provisional for 3 years, would i get a better price any where else? this was with quinn.

thanks

Don't buy the Honda without trying a dtr the difference is massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Carlo Showalter

@pittsburgh I know this thread is old, but I was just wondering: what did you get in the end?

I drove a Honda XR125 L4 (2004) for 3.5 years and couldn't recommend them highly enough. Brilliant starter bike, bulletproof engine, started up on the second asking after months away on holidays. Handy carrier on the back and never turned in less than 75MPG. High saddle means you've a better view of traffic and the suspension took the roughest back roads in its stride without the slightest complaint.

Only trouble I had with her was the regulator/rectifier going bust and I also needed a replacement wee bit on the front wheel that links to your speedometer/odometer to record your speed/mileage.

Above all, the XR was great fun. I would happily have kept her, but couldn't afford to keep two bikes on the road.

Advertisement