Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bay of Seals in Wicklow

• 27-04-2010 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Another thing, I was reading a review of the accommodation in the lighthouse on the point (it seems like a cool place to recommend to out-of-towners) and a person mentions on the site that they walked to a bay that was full of seals. Anyone have any idea where this is? I'd love to walk the wife and kid down to seal watch.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭sexdwarf

Hi! I've often seen a group of 2-3 seals down in the sea along the Murrough, especially on warm days. Also in the river along the nature walk (behind the Enterprise Centre) I've spotted an otter once or twice, although it is a lot more rare to see them, they're v. cute though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

sexdwarf wrote: »
    Hi! I've often seen a group of 2-3 seals down in the sea along the Murrough, especially on warm days. Also in the river along the nature walk (behind the Enterprise Centre) I've spotted an otter once or twice, although it is a lot more rare to see them, they're v. cute though :D

I have seen the otter on the river all right and in the harbour but I never the seal's would like to see them

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Keep walking on from the lighthouse to the newer one and you can always spot a couple of seals.

Take that walk regularly with my friend considering I live quite close! Love it, It's always so nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I've always wanted to know how to actually get to the lighthouse. What is the quickest way of walking there because i've no idea how to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Auscast

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I've always wanted to know how to actually get to the lighthouse. What is the quickest way of walking there because i've no idea how to get there.

To get there by car, drive past the car park (overlooking the golf course) and as the road goes up and around to the right you'll see the wedge shaped house for sale. Just on the left of that is a large driveway entrance for a few houses that leads to a 'private road'. Either park your car there and walk up or drive all the way up to the lighthouse. I believe you can follow walking tracks from the car park as well, but I imagine that might be a rather long walk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement