Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a new chip with the same number

Options
  • 27-04-2010 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Lost my phone on Saturday night. Looking to get a new chip but retain my number. Meteor. Question is, if I do that, will I get all the messages that have been sent to me from Saturday onwards. I mean, are they just not delivered yet and will be delivered once my chip is reactivated? or are they gone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Any messages sent to your number will be kept undelivered on the SMS system and (unless they expire before you activate the new SIM card) should be delivered as soon as the network realises the number is active again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Go into any meteor store, ask for a replacement sim which will have your number. Any message that was sent to you, while the phone was off, will arrive to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Assuming your phone was on when you lost it then you'll prob lose the messages up until the battery wasted or the phone was turn off - because they'll have gone to the lost phone.

Advertisement