Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 mobile coverage

Options
  • 27-04-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Has anyone in the Dublin 15 area noticed a problem with lack of coverage with their o2 mobile phone? I can't get coverage in my own house. Have logged a query with o2. Just waiting on them to come back .

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Cant say I've noticed any problems myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

Had the same problem at Easter and it seemed to go back to normal. I have to leave the phone at the front door to get half a bar! Have been with o2 for years and never had this problem. Its very annoying!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

No but if you have a problem perhaps theres a problem with the local cell. Did anyone report it to O2?

Am showing my ignorance now regarding mobiles but what is the "local cell"?

I'm no expert, I think the mobile network is made up a cell (or cells) around each mast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

My partner and inlaws are on O2 have very low coverage,

on meteor, me and a couple of neighbours having problems with coverage,
    A while ago dont remember which or who they were, came around good while ago about objecting a propose to put up a mask (think thats what its called) ... at the GAA in blakestown,, to help strengthen signals in and around the area. So if its got the the go ahead or not just have to see, or unless someone knows how to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

tskk wrote: »
    Has anyone in the Dublin 15 area noticed a problem with lack of coverage with their o2 mobile phone? I can't get coverage in my own house. Have logged a query with o2. Just waiting on them to come back .
    I am in Riverwood in Carpenterstown and found o2 coverage to be poor.
    My wife got an iPhone through o2 late last year and gave it back a week later because we had no coverage inside the house.
    o2 admitted that we are in a 'black spot' on the edge of 2 towers, with no plans to do anything.

Apparently the nearest tower is close to Lidl in Tyrrelstown.

Thats weird anyone I know in Riverwood has no problem on O2, I've never had a problem there myself. But I know someone in Luttrelstown and their house seems to be a deadspot for O2. It ok when you go outside. Which suggests its the construction of the house. Or make just its location. Some phones seem weaker then others. There were lots of complaints about the signal strength of iphones, I dunno it was just some phone or something that was fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Poor coverage always around the Blanch SC.

The strength seems to have come back again. Not super strong but can use phone again in the back of house. Am sure o2 will blame volcanic ash for the lack of coverage!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 EllaF

The particular part of Harstown where my family home is is lethal for phone coverage..
    I always have problems getting through to my parents when they're at home and I find that when im visiting my parents, particulary if say im staying the night I'll have to apologise to people after for having not received any of there txts or calls. I had this with 02 and now its even worse with Meteor.. I literally have no coverage at all until I leave Hartstown. Ridiculous. Really wish this could be sorted out..

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

daymobrew wrote: »
    I am in Riverwood in Carpenterstown and found o2 coverage to be poor.
    My wife got an iPhone through o2 late last year and gave it back a week later because we had no coverage inside the house.
    o2 admitted that we are in a 'black spot' on the edge of 2 towers, with no plans to do anything.

Apparently the nearest tower is close to Lidl in Tyrrelstown.

Just came across this thread no its old but I live in Tyrrelstown. Joined up with O2 on Friday and have had little or no coverage around Tyrrelstown area. I can't actuaaly make a call cos the line is too 'crackly' and to send a text I have to wave my phone around like I'm a mad woman. Anyone else got the same problem?

You should ring them. Maybe theres a problem with the local cell. This is an old thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Random wrote: »
    Poor coverage always around the Blanch SC.

Should not be a problem at the shopping centre as there are two masts there. One is over the library side and one is above DID.

Only problem area i have seen is near the Bell pub. Phone reception seems fine but data is very slow.

Advertisement