Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera gear in Drogheda?

Options
  • 27-04-2010 8:25pm

Hey all,

Have a DSLR which has a dirty sensor, and after asking on the photography forum a while back, the only shops anyone knows/recommends are in Dublin.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any local shops that deal with photography/cameras?

I know Maher's Chemist have a few bits and bobs but I don't think they clean cameras as a service or sell cleaning kits, and conveniently enough, a cleaning kit is about the only product Argos don't sell. :(

I know the con job shop in the Abbey centre sell the odd bit here and there camera-wise, but I wouldn't go near them with a camera problem or expect them to have cleaning kits (considering they're a second hand shop and all).

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

What make is it,i had a problem with my FUJI,contacted FUJI Ireland in Dublin and dropped it to them,i NEVER had such a positive customer experiance as i had with this company.It was out of warranty and they still fixed the camera even though it was my fault......no charge!!
    Hope its a Fuji!

It's a Canon 20D.

Dirty sensor is common enough apparently, it's not something I'd go running to Canon with. I'm actually just after buying a "Rocket Air Blower" on eBay to help me out.

I was just hoping there'd be somewhere I could bring it to in the event that my Rocket Blower (sounds like an innuendo) doesn't do the job.

Bought it from a UK seller, so hopefully will get it on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Did you try the Kodak place down at the end of the Meat Market Lane, back of Pennys? Fran Caffrey is a great photographer and sells loads of stuff. Ask him and if he can't help I am sure he will point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Mahers pharmacy will defo sort you out, they are very good re. camera's and bit and pieces.

Cheers guys. I'll wait til I get my 'rocket blower' and if that doesn't sort it out, then I'll head out and about to see if any of them can help :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement