Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Green lines on screen

• 27-04-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I was playing today and about five minutes in green lines appeared on the screen.Does anyone know what is causing this or have any advice.Would be much appreciated.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

the xbox is probably on the way out. 1-4 weeks and you will see RROD

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Alan_007_

docentore wrote: »
    the xbox is probably on the way out. 1-4 weeks and you will see RROD
    Just got an e74 error message there.Whats the best think I can do now?Bought the console about 3 years ago,btw.

check the phone number in sticky and ring microsoft. You might be lucky and be still covered under warranty. (it is 3 years for rrod and e74)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Same thing happened to me at Christmas, go to the xbox.com and go to the support section, its pretty efficient, I had mine back in less than 2 weeks and that was over Christmas day. You also get a months free xbox live.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Alan_007_

Same thing happened to me at Christmas, go to the xbox.com and go to the support section, its pretty efficient, I had mine back in less than 2 weeks and that was over Christmas day. You also get a months free xbox live.

Just rang that number there and found out that im still in warrenty :D.Do they give you a new xbox or just fix the one you sent them?

• Advertisement

they might call it "new" but thats going to be refurb anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Depends, I've gotten a refurbished one and a new one. Doesn't really matter which, the problem will be fixed regardless :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i got the rrod and sent away the xbox. came back with the same sticker it left with so it was a refurb. stick something on it before you go and see .

but it had all new shiny parts. you could tell by looking at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Very same thing happened to me on saturday. after watching a video i noticed all the avatars were screwed up graphically, off and on again and i got the E74. Thankfull i've only had it 2 years so i'm still in warranty. Registered my console online, rang em up, got a call back a couple of hours later and they sorted out UPS to pick it up, who arrived on monday. Now to play the waiting game. Kinda annoyed i'm probably gonna miss the halo reach beta

Advertisement