Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiche bliain ag fas

Options
  • 27-04-2010 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hey, would anyone be able to give me an English summary of what goes on in fiche bliain ag fas? I missed it when we did it in school and I'm trying to learn it myself now.:confused:

Cheers!!!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Muiris and Tomás get money to go to the races. They feel like grown ups. Tomás suggests going to the pub for a pint (because it's manly, obvs). The bar lady serves them even though they're obviously underage.
    Tomás thinks he's a big man because he's "been drinking before", but he can barely swallow the pint. Muiris says the key is to drink it quickly so as not to taste it. They drink their pints, then have another. Both boys get a bit tipsy (they're only kids!).
    Muiris goes outside and makes himself sick to sober up. He goes inside and Tomás is acting the eejit, with a pipe in his hand, looking for trouble. Muiris takes him outside and tells him to get sick so he'll feel better. He does.
    They go buy sweets with the change (reinforcing that they're only kids). They go to the races.

That's a very basic overview off the top of my head!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Translation here

Advertisement