Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

walking a dog in Charlesland

Options
  • 27-04-2010 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

I have two dogs and you surely must have seen me loads of times walking my two mutts (or rather they are walking me) trying to maintain some control over them and keep holding 2 or 3 bags with their waste at the same time. WHERE ARE ALL THE BINS???? seriously, where are dog owners supposed to get rid of poo bags? (or people carrying any rubbish at all?)I happen to be one of those who religiously pick up coz having a baby makes me think of all those poor kids playing outside rolling in dog waste + i just think it is the right thing to do. Having said that, i can see why some people dont bother picking up at the prospect of carrying the bag for the whole duration of the walk! I am not sayin it is excusable, and i really hate seeing irresposible dog owners giving us all a bad name, but it really is a burden! There a few bins around the shopping centre and thats all. Even the one at the bus stop outside the estate is gone. Was it taken down because it was constantly overflowing???? if the management are giving out about the dog droppings, surely encouraging dog owners to do the right thing by putting a few bins ( or even better a dog waste bins) around the estate would solve the problem to some degree?

P.S I agree about the scary collie, but he is a dog and doesnt know any better, its the owners that are at fault, so screw you all the dog-haters who talk about shooting the dog or getting him to the pound to be put down!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

I bring a larger bag with me and throw the poo bags into it until I get home - can whiff a bit on a warm day though :rolleyes: I agree that more bins should be provided but ya do what ya gotta do and work within the constraints, least thats my MO - what reeeeally intrigues me is the people who bag the poo.....then leave the bag lying around ???!!???

O, and to balance out a little in favour of dogs and their owners, there were several of these lying on the beach, right beside me whilst I was cleaning up the dogs poo......you HAVE to laugh !

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

There are three bins in Charlesland Wood, but as far as I can tell there are none in the Court, Park or Grove.

Advertisement