Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried about DIT Interview this friday...

Options
  • 27-04-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey all, got letter last week for an interview in DIT for their social care course. Iv read a couple of threads on interviews and the sticky by Larianne but im still worried about a couple of things like:

- Approx length of the interviews?
    -I was only asked to bring exam results, should i bring anything else?
    -In my personal statement i mentioned having a drug problem in the past, i didnt go into details but im sure i wil be asked about it at the interview so im just wondering if anyone has had experience of this or knows how much info they will want and how much i should give?
    -Dress code? Im worried about this as i dont want to be overdone and out of place, therefore uncomfortable, or too casual.. So should i go for a trouser/skirt suit, a dress or just something like jeans and a nice top and shoes??!!! Opinions PLEASE!!

Really love to get some advice on this lot! Thanks:D & Good luck to everyone on their interviews!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Congrats on the interview!!

First off, you must realise that you are in with a chance of getting a place on the course if they have called you for an interview. You told them about your drug problem but this hasn't put them off you so don't worry too much about that. If they ask you about it, tell them as much information as you would a person on the street. That yes you did have a problem,you got treatment and have recovered. And that it was through your experience of this that made you want to study the course etc. Something like that... I don't know your background and it should all be in your own words!

As what to wear. I wore dress and flat shoes with long cardigan for mine. Smart casual I'd say.

Good Luck and BE YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement