Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday Cake Ideas....

Options
  • 27-04-2010 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hey all,

Well its my nephews second birthday in 2 months and I wanted to bake his birthday cake and perhaps some cupcakes and little treats aswell and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me? Bearing in mind I'm a newcomer to the baking world but I really love it :)

Thanking you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I know it sounds too easy but especially for young kids ye olde rice krispie buns are hugely popular with kids. No matter what I bake at kids party the rice krispie buns are polished off. Just regular milk chocolate.

Although you can make them a bit different by adding marshmallow to the mixture or like on the tele making white chocolate ones and dip in milk choc and dip in sprinkles.

Being so little you can get away with icing buns and using the icing pens (available in Tesco now) to write or draw on them anything that resembles their favourite character will work at that age lol.

You could make your own ice cream and do ice cream cups that they can decorate themselves with sprinkles.

If you have some cute cookie cutters you could make biccys, Nigella has a really good butter cookie recipe that cuts well.

Or if making some savory sandwiches use the cookie cutters to cut the sambos into shapes. Same could be some with marzipan.

Marzipan balls, make marzipan from scratch or pre bought and roll in chocolate then in sprinkles and let set.

If you made a sponge type cake in a big square tin then cut it into the shape of the number '2'.

Check out ebay as well there's usually bun toppers on it so if he is mad into a certain character you could make buns and ice them in his favourite colour and top with the toppers.

Advertisement