Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

disc mower-what to look out for

• 27-04-2010 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

Hi

Was to look at a New Holland 4 disc mower, its about 25-30 years old I think but how do I test one of these to see if it’s a good one…
    I’d rather have one of these rather than drum mower

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

kincaid wrote: »
    Hi

Was to look at a New Holland 4 disc mower, its about 25-30 years old I think but how do I test one of these to see if it’s a good one…
    I’d rather have one of these rather than drum mower

thanks

Personally I would never consider a machine that old. While I agree that disc mowers are better than drum mowers, a mower that is 25 to 30 years old would be totally unreliable. You would need to be getting it for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

See if you can pick up a used Lely mower there easy to run and seem ok, they were doing some sort of scrappage deal last year i think so you never know maybe there could be a cheap trade in, in some dealers yard somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

hi

did look at this machine and theres about near a inch play in the disc's( may mneed bearing out here but they are not that dear anyway) but a real tidy original machine and is cutting very well,, does not seem to have been abused by use on rough ground etc...
    seen similar machines on donedeal etc and asking big enough money for them

Advertisement