Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilbelin Abbey

Options
  • 27-04-2010 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hey thinking of moving down to this estate and just wondering if people can give feed back in general good or bad and also what is the commute time to Dublin city centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Whereabouts in the City Centre? Can you take a train or will you drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Nice estate.

Driving time to dublin leaving at 7.30am is less than an hour. - Left Newbridge today at 7.30, was in college green at 8.20.

Trains take about 35min to heuston.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

We're moving to Walshestown Abbey down the road in three weeks and I'd be interested in the commute time too. I'm thinking of driving to the red cow and getting the Luas into the city centre...that should work for me as will probably take just over an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Niall F

I think Kilbelin Abbey is a nice estate. Have never heard of any trouble in it. Any evening I walk by it, always seems to be quiet too.
    If I were commuting to the city centre, I think I'd go to the Red Cow and get the Luas in if that's possible. I'd say you'd be in your car for approx 30 minutes. I drive up to the Red Cow and then take the M50S so I can get accurate times of the commute that far this week if you think that'll help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pepinot

Thats great all thanks a mil for the comments, its a lot shorter than I originally thought which is great.

Niall F that would be great if you wouldn't mind getting average times for me both in morn and in the evening from Red Cow thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

It is 30 to 35 mins to city west once you get on the motorway. Traffic in the town can be bad depending on what time you leave. 7.30 is also when most Wyeth workers are heading in. 8am is very congested. City west to red cow can depend on the day of the week, weather etc. Typically 25 mins. Outbound red cow to newlands very heavy from 4pm to 7pm. 15 mins is very most here. Then a straight run to newbridge. Traffic in to the town backs well past wyeth but again 15 mins to the lights max.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I live in Kilbelin Abbey ,

The area is very nice and kept well .

One of the Advantages of Kilbelin Abbey and the other estates around it, is that you dont have to go near the town to get onto the N7.

You take a right turn when leaving the estate , go into the Curragh and then onto the N7 , you will be on the motor way in less than 5 mins .

It only takes me 25 mins to get to Newlands cross from my front door and thats at the legal speed limit ! When I was working in Sandyford I used to leave the house at 7.30 and some mornings i would be there for 8.20-8.40 and others it would be 9, depending on traffic/accidents/weather.

The house's are finished to a high standard , but one thing to watch out for is the plumbing , I have had a good few probs with mine .

Martin the builder is very nice and keeps his word whenever he says he will get something done , it gets done.

Get a good person to snag the house , even spend a few quid on it as it will save you money in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Niall F

30 minutes going in every morning this week. That's from the lights on Athgarvan Rd near the graveyard to passing under the bridge you'd cross to get into the Luas P&R. Pretty much what I thought. Coming home was approx the same, maybe 5 mins longer on average. Didn't do Friday though. I always get off the M50 at Tallaght because there is nearly always a queue from Ballymount to get on to the N7. But I find Friday evenings always take that bit longer to come back though.
    Coming home though, I'd often stay on the M7 and take J12 and go through the Curragh.
    Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pepinot

Thanks a mil for that, great help cheers a lot quicker than I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

wouldn't recommend train for commute.

Bus Eireann 7.20am service from Newbridge hits the Red Cow at 7.50am. Very fast - bypasses Naas, Kill and Johnstown.

You'd walk into the stop at BOI from Kilbelin Abbey in about 10 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 deep1947

Hi

thinking of buying house in Kilbelin Abbey? any comment/advise welcome on house, area, problems

D

deep1947 wrote: »
    Hi

thinking of buying house in Kilbelin Abbey? any comment/advise welcome on house, area, problems

D

I'm living there and think its a brilliant estate. All the neighbours are very nice, grounds well kept, lots of children around to play with yours (if you have any), a very active residents association, close the town without being too far away.

No problems at all regarding crime, youths hanging around etc..

I would say the best estate in Newbridge and I'm originally from there (albeit outside the town)

Hi

thinking of buying house in Kilbelin Abbey. wondering if you guys can give me some feedback on area, house, estate, any problem?

Thanks

D
    I live in Kilbelin Abbey ,

The area is very nice and kept well .

One of the Advantages of Kilbelin Abbey and the other estates around it, is that you dont have to go near the town to get onto the N7.

You take a right turn when leaving the estate , go into the Curragh and then onto the N7 , you will be on the motor way in less than 5 mins .

It only takes me 25 mins to get to Newlands cross from my front door and thats at the legal speed limit ! When I was working in Sandyford I used to leave the house at 7.30 and some mornings i would be there for 8.20-8.40 and others it would be 9, depending on traffic/accidents/weather.

The house's are finished to a high standard , but one thing to watch out for is the plumbing , I have had a good few probs with mine .

Martin the builder is very nice and keeps his word whenever he says he will get something done , it gets done.

Get a good person to snag the house , even spend a few quid on it as it will save you money in the long run.

Thanks Splashthecash for your comment.
    I was in the estate and was wondering why few houses were not sold, they are new and still on sale.
    D
    I'm living there and think its a brilliant estate. All the neighbours are very nice, grounds well kept, lots of children around to play with yours (if you have any), a very active residents association, close the town without being too far away.

No problems at all regarding crime, youths hanging around etc..

I would say the best estate in Newbridge and I'm originally from there (albeit outside the town)

**** sorry deep, I thought you were thinking of buying in Walshestown Abbey, I completely misread your post.

Having said that, I haven't heard any bad things from Kilbelin Abbey, as you say its just there are a few houses not sold or only just started, I guess the property bubble burst just before they could get rid of the remaining.
    I was in the estate and was wondering why few houses were not sold, they are new and still on sale.
    D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

D

I think at the moment there is not many left , I moved into the estate 4 years this August and he has sold a good 10-15 since Im here .

I know there is none left of the A/B types and there was one C type left on my road but there working on it at the moment so I presume its gone as they only do work on them when there sold.

The builder may have a few of the A/B types rented which may be up for sale, Im not sure if there is any of the bungalow types left.

Its a great estate , good residents association, friendly , mostly young families

Thanks guys for the information. I do like the house in Kilbelin abbey. Looking at the current economy of country,wondering if its a right time to buy. its so hard to decide. do u think the prices may go down even further?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Red Albey

I know this is a old thread. I'm looking to buy property in this estate. How do you see resale value in this estate?

This estate is near cemetery, would this impact resale value?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Property price register has all sale prices of all properties. Every purchaser should be looking at that.

As for a cemetery? Where's the issue?

They are hardly going to start trouble 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

The graveyard is a blessing in disguise. Nothing will ever be built on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Red Albey

Thanks for your response. One of my friend warned me about buying property close to cemetery because it could impact resale value in future. I have no knowledge about it. So, I'm asking if this is really true in Ireland or people will consider this is disadvantage?

Im sure property price wouldn't have spiked up if there is any such thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The main negative about living near the cemetery is that funeral processions might slow traffic but that's a minor thing and wouldn't affect the resale value of the house.

Advertisement