Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay Parking & clampers at Train Station

• 27-04-2010 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just a word of warning to those traveling from Waterford train station for the day, they are now charging for parking of €2 per day, and if you don't pay you get clamped, release fee €120 :eek:. Also the machine and sign-age is very poor and poorly located, my mother got caught out with it today. And to add insult to injury both she and the clamper were locked into the car park for 1/2 hour because the security guard couldn't be bothered to answer the phone. :mad:

Regards,
    daywalker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

The security guard thing should have happened for sure, but for what it's worth €2 for an entires day parking is a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

dats very extremely cheap for a day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

What if your gone on the train for two days? You obviously can't come back and put up a new ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

why would you be gone for two days? That makes no sense. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

ziedth wrote: »
    What if your gone on the train for two days? You obviously can't come back and put up a new ticket.

Just buy and display two tickets?

• Advertisement

I guess,

Let's say I'm going on holiday for two weeks and get train to Dublin I gotta display 14 tickets?

There prob is an easy answer and I'm not surprised they brought it in cause I hear allot of people park there for the day and walk into town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I guess,

Let's say I'm going on holiday for two weeks and get train to Dublin I gotta display 14 tickets?

There prob is an easy answer and I'm not surprised they brought it in cause I hear allot of people park there for the day and walk into town.

Get a f**king taxi to the train station :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I guess,

Let's say I'm going on holiday for two weeks and get train to Dublin I gotta display 14 tickets? .

Why would you do that though?
    It would be far safer to leave your car at home and get a taxi or a lift with somebody you know, otherwise your needlessly taking up a valuable parking space at the station

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

I guess,

yes there is an easy answer, if it operates the same method as my local station.

each 2euro coin you put in extends the expiry date by a day, keep inserting coins until you reach the date of your arrival, print ticket, display in car (watch out it doesn't blow off dash when you close door) .. catch train.

viola.
    SOP

Ah there you go then!

I'm not saying it's a clever thing todo I just like ruffle feathers where possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I saw the machine when I was at the roundabout, I had no idea how much it was, it's not on the website. I def wouldn't have used the carpark again without knowing the cost but at €2 I would pay it.

OP did your mother pay the €120?

I guess,

ya would be quicker just to drive to the airport and leave your car there!!!!! less hassle than having to get bus from train station or taxi at the other end and having to haul the luggage for the whole day more than you need to!! and what if your return flight did,nt touch down til 2 in the morning ya would be stuck then in you did,nt have your car at the airport!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

you're all in a great hurry to get to the airport and leave your cars at the train station while you go off on safari.

why not stay home and do some fishing down on the quay river?

:p

old gregg wrote: »
    you're all in a great hurry to get to the airport and leave your cars at the train station while you go off on safari.

why not stay home and do some fishing down on the quay river?

:p
    And catch 3 eyed fish lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I was there on Tuesday evening to collect my daughter, and I couldn't find the pay machine,there was a sign saying pay here but there was no machine,so I sat in the car next to a car that was clamped and who arrives along to his car only a local Waterford councillor, I hope he didn't pay as the signage was desperate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

wmpdd3 wrote: »

OP did your mother pay the €120?

Yes and the €5 charge for paying by credit card :confused:, she did want to get home :o that evening

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

marlin vs wrote: »
    I was there on Tuesday evening to collect my daughter, and I couldn't find the pay machine,there was a sign saying pay here but there was no machine,so I sat in the car next to a car that was clamped and who arrives along to his car only a local Waterford councillor, I hope he didn't pay as the signage was desperate.

Which councillor? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Sully wrote: »
    Which councillor? :P
    PM sent.

Advertisement