Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shawshank @ The Gaiety!

Options
  • 27-04-2010 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Did anyone go and see this last year when it ran? Apparently it was a big success. Can't find any decent reviews on it and I'm planning on buying tics as a present for me da. Anyone seen it or any good reviews ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Yeah, I went on the opening night last year (Think it was 19th May). Really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I saw it a couple of times. A friend was in it last year and has returned to it this year. It was fantastic last year and apparently, through some script-changes over the course of the year, has become a lot stronger and more compelling. Looking forward to seeing it again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭plastic-man

I saw it a couple of times. A friend was in it last year and has returned to it this year. It was fantastic last year and apparently, through some script-changes over the course of the year, has become a lot stronger and more compelling. Looking forward to seeing it again this year.

Thanks guys. I read a review and the author was saying something about Sheridan applying some kind of 'christian values' to it? I presume there isn't some kind of religious vibe off it? Does the actual storyline differ to the movie?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Thanks guys. I read a review and the author was saying something about Sheridan applying some kind of 'christian values' to it? I presume there isn't some kind of religious vibe off it? Does the actual storyline differ to the movie?

The shawshank movie and book is carries a Christian religious sub theme throughout. Its far more obvious in the movie, surprised you didnt pick that up! :)

Its not as obvious in the stage version but Andy remains to be a Christ-like figure.

Advertisement