Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grrrrrr, cnuts stole me bike!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Hey sorry to hear your news.I posted in stolen bikes a few weeks back. The feckers took mine from outside the house if you read it you will see I had a big feck of chain on it so don't mind smart mouth. It feels sith at the time but I'm back up and running, hope it turns up bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Years ago I worked as a bike mech. One day we got a call that a 'good customers' bike had broken down. Parked up in O'Connell St it was, just where the Spire is now. We pulled up, grubby as can be, in a bashed up Transit and calmly wheeled the bike into the van. Middle of the day and no one said a word to us.

No one would notice someone spending 10 seconds slicing through your £200 chain with a battery powered angle grinder. Which is why they use battery powered angle grinders to slice through chains. (They're less cumbersome than portable oxy.acetylene to boot :))

I carry a 6mm dome headed bolt + nut with me. When parking up in a 'worrying' place I thread the bolt through the back disc and screw the nut on by hand (nut on the inside of the disc). It's completely invisible but try wheel the bike! If you're inclined you could tighten the nut up with tools - that angle grinding toting tealeaf won't be carrying spanners...

This might seem like giving the game away but there are dozens of tricks you can pull to lock up the wheels on your bike in a less visible way than a angle-grindable chain. It's the surprise that stumps 'em.

Bike thieves might be smart - but they haven't the time to be figuring out one off solutions to the problem of why the bike won't wheel...
    If they want your bike they'll get it! All they do when a wheel won't turn (if it's a disk lock, or chain not locked to something) is to stick a tray or hubcap under that wheel and slide it away! You'll never be 100% safe, if they want your bike they'll kick the shíte of of you for your keys! I read on another site that someone had a syringe held up to his neck at traffic lights :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Sounds like it alright, must keep an eye out in town tomorrow

Advertisement