Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French

Options
  • 27-04-2010 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hey quick question.
    All I want out of French is 45 points.
    Would it be easier to get a D3 which is 40% in honours or get a B1 which is 80% is pass, both equal to 45 points.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭dynamot

definately do honours. it is very easy to pick up marks, whereas it is very easy to lose marks, even in pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

dynamot wrote: »
    definately do honours. it is very easy to pick up marks, whereas it is very easy to lose marks, even in pass.

Thats what I think, the teacher said that she would be worried of me doing pass because the paper in the mocks was apparently an easy one. But I think that the oral might bring me up a bit, because our examiner was really nice and only asked easy questions about family etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Yeah I would say do Honours as well if you have confidence if you can pass it. Especially because you did well in the Oral (which is worth 25% at honours and 20% at ordinary). Plus you have a good potential of picking up more points than 45 which is always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

To pass honours french in 2009 you had to be in the top 96.9% of honours students.

To get a B1 or above in ordinary french in 2009 you had to be in the top 6.1% of ordinary level students

http://www.examinations.ie/statistics/statistics_2009/final_leaving_certificate_statistics_for_2009.pdf

Bear in mind though that 20.4% got B2's and B3's in ordinary. Would 35 or 40 points do you?

pathway33 wrote: »
    To pass honours french in 2009 you had to be in the top 96.9% of honours students.

To get a B1 or above in ordinary french in 2009 you had to be in the top 6.1% of ordinary level students

http://www.examinations.ie/statistics/statistics_2009/final_leaving_certificate_statistics_for_2009.pdf

Bear in mind though that 20.4% got B2's and B3's in ordinary. Would 35 or 40 points do you?

Well I suppose 35 or 40 would be ok would just prefer the 45 and all, I dunno because I looked on this for what essays were coming up, but I only focused studyed them, I didnt prepare an essay and bring it in. But my French has improved alot I would say, so I dunno what to do!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ULgirl2010

definately do honours... unless your terrible at french (and i mean absolutely terrible), you should definately get above a D in honours, and to get a B, you need to be gettin close ish to full marks (hard enough no matter what level your taking) ... so my advice do honours!

ULgirl2010 wrote: »
    definately do honours... unless your terrible at french (and i mean absolutely terrible), you should definately get above a D in honours, and to get a B, you need to be gettin close ish to full marks (hard enough no matter what level your taking) ... so my advice do honours!

Yeah like I really dont see myself getting only 39 percent or something and failing it that bad like I say I should be okay just need to make sure

Advertisement