Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dial up!!

Options
  • 27-04-2010 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭

I know Eircom use 1892 150150 for dialup, has anyone got any more ISP dialup numbers ??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I can't believe I still remember the IOL No Limits number (Prob doesn't work now and was only subscription but none the less, still an ISP number :p)

1332103001235. I'm fairly certain that was it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭tech

I know it a friend still cant get DSL !!! ( thanks Eircom ) its needs to be a pay as you go no...

But thanks for the good Memories of IOL No Limits! I was asked to leave their service !!! ( no limits my arse!!)

was the IOL dial up 1892 924102?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I know it a new low for this thread but don't forget Oceanfree :D

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭frisket

For the record, this page https://www.rgb.ie/2015/10/25/eir-dial-up-numbers-for-use-with-modems-and-phone-lines/ said
    Eir dial-up numbers are as follows:

1892 150 150 – Eir dial-up Pay As You Go
    1893 25 25 25 – Eir dial-up Flat Rate 25
    1893 60 60 60 – Eir dial-up Flat Rate 60
    1893 150 150 – Eir dial-up Flat Rate Anytime
    1891 150 150 – Eir dial-up Subscription

We’ve tested the above dial-up numbers for Eir and can confirm that they all work. The 1891 150 150 requires an Eir username and password. We used an old Eircom dial-up account and it connected fine.
    I have tested them (2020-10-10) and they all answer with a modem. As I have no Eir account, and cannot get a response from Eir about how to get one, I have not been able to see if a connection actually works.

had an old Windows 98 with a 36k modem dialed up worked Fine a few weeks ago.!

• Advertisement

Which number did you dial? And was that logging in with an account and password that is still current with Eir? Or no challenge?

I managed to speak to a sales guy in Eir. Very nice, very eager but completely clueless about dial-up accounts, as were all the managers he asked. According to their policies (eir.ie/policy) they do seem to have a 25-hr/month, 60-hr/month, and non-recurrent accounts, with the non-recurrent one charging for access by the second. But no-one has any information about those types of account.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

username and password 'free' on 1892 150 150 should bill your phone bill at a rate dependent on your phone provider but usually a tad less than a local call

1892 150150
    eircom
    eircom

Very interesting, thanks. Turns out I am unable to access the 1892150150 number from my Virgin-bundled "landline" — it gives Unobtainable, which probably means they are blocking it (I get a modem whistle from that number when I use my cellphone, so the number itself is OK).

I did manage to connect to 1891150150, however, but was unable to log in. Thanks to RGB, I had an eircom account to test, and that also failed, probably because it was for use with the 1982 number.

No matter, I proved that the hardware is still working (A WiFlyer portable wireless AP with a built-in dialer and PPP manager like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006ZTERE%3Ftag%3Dytk00425-20), and that given the right combination of a POTS copper landline and a clear day, dial-up probably still functions correctly. Testing an analog system over a digital connection was always going to be tricky.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Advertisement