Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the most hurtful thing you've ever said to someone?

• 28-04-2010 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

I'm just wondering what the most hurtful thing you've ever said is, or someone has said to you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Is it in yet? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭keithg89

was she drunk/blind/deaf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Years ago when I was in 1st yr in secondary school, a lad in my class asked me out. I didn't fancy him at all and I'm afraid I ridiculed him in front of whatever random classmates were hanging about at the time. I can't remember half of what I said now but it was hurtful stuff and I do feel genuinely bad about it now when I think of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I hate you, I hate your family, I hate your country, but most of all I hate your face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I once said this to a rather rude barmaid...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

"You're a good altar boy, but not the best I've had by a long shot".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I used to say the most horrible things to my parents when I was a teenager, I was a right bastard.
    Think of the worst things you can think of a teenager saying and then multiply that by about 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

In caternig college 10 years ago I was asked to taste something by a girl in the class..It contained Cinnamon (which I totally hate due to a night drinking AfterShock) I ended up spitting it out in front of her...I explained I didnt like cinnamon,But I tried the food again and ate it (it was good!) I told her so... But to this dayI still regret spitting the food out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

i've said some horrendous things to people over the years.i get extremely angry when someone hurts my family/friends, so i always manage to blurt out the most awful home truths in a fit of rage :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

No

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Once told a guy in "our group" he was a ****ing asshole and everyone in said group thought the same...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Apparently it wasn't what I said but the way I said it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

Get up and get dressed and go! the wife will be here in 10 min's

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

You're that good you could do this for a living!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

With a cross of knowledge, sarcastic wit, and utter contempt I've the capacity to scar someone to their core. But I can't think of a reason why I'd want to do something like that :)

/makes daisy chains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Sorry but I got tired of faking it.

Abigayle wrote: »
    With a cross of knowledge, sarcastic wit, and utter contempt I've the capacity to scar someone to their core. But I can't think of a reason why I'd want to do something like that :)

/makes daisy chains

You could be worse...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

ive told people to go and die when exetremly pissed off.... usually has the shock value that no other phrase can acheive
    i dont believe in bad words being bad.....being called a c**t etc... dosnt bother me and i dont see how it affects others...

yea yea i know its scabby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

I called a girl fat when I was 12 and I'm pretty sure she still remembers it 10 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I questioned a girls parenting skills and made her cry.

• Advertisement

Mousey- wrote: »
    ive told people to go and die when exetremly pissed off.... usually has the shock value that no other phrase can acheive
    i dont believe in bad words being bad.....being called a c**t etc... dosnt bother me and i dont see how it affects others...

yea yea i know its scabby

Don't know about that, Bruno has very scathing criticism of Liza Minnelli...
    "Liza Minnelli, do you wish her benign tumour or malignant tumour?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Break a leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i do

SugarHigh wrote: »
    I called a girl fat when I was 12 and I'm pretty sure she still remembers it 10 years later.

I'd be more interested in hearing what she called you first.

Have a nice day now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"Your arse would look big in a ****ikng tent, now come on or we'll be late."

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Your such a Miser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I screamed at Thierry Henry that I hope he gets cancer in his bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

Have said a few bad things to my ma over the years..but in the spirit of ah..and the current love of super heroes..am now going ever so slightly off topic, as in things I should have said.."you must be the arithmetic man, you add trouble, subtract pleasure, divide attention and multiply ignorance"...loving your work guys!....(going to hide beneath a bush (!)...),,hit me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

"I would say you're the second best priest in the country"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

"No, I don't love you."

Got a slap for that one. Well worth it IMO. :p

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I've said some things in my time that aren't fit to be posted here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Abigayle wrote: »
    I'd be more interested in hearing what she called you first.

Have a nice day now.
    Did this hit a nerve?

It wasn't said directly to her it was just talking to the lads and she overheard. I was just using her for a cheap laugh.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I once asked a teacher:
    "How's the diet going?"

She was not amused...

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

I told my son to take a good hard look in the mirror, that is why you use protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Des Carter

Im not a racist but I once calleed this guy a really hurtfull word thats seriously frowned upon. Its extremely racist and I hate myself for using it.

Im not racist but I said it anyways. I persume you know which one - it has a couple of Gs a N and an R. also has an I and an E

ya I called him a GINGER.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

"I'm sorry, I just don't ever see myself being in love with you"

Oh lord, there were tears, and I felt like a cu*t for weeks later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

When my house mate asked me if I had seen where she might have placed her hoodie, I replied "you probably ate it"

SHE is very selfconcious about her weight.

I've also no idea why I said it, and for no reason either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I told someone that the world would be a much better place if his father had ejaculated into a sock instead of procreating with his mother on the night he was conceived. We're still good friends mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

said to my mate lol

'you are so heavy' or

'oh my (point his chest) you have man boobs!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

McChubbin wrote:
    I once asked a teacher:
    "How's the diet going?"

She was not amused...

Yo Chub, this ain't the thread for explaining how we got our usernames. Use srch tool plz, thnx.

• Advertisement

SugarHigh wrote: »
    Did this hit a nerve?

It wasn't said directly to her it was just talking to the lads and she overheard. I was just using her for a cheap laugh.:o

Oh not in the least. Just thought I'd ask ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

I told my best friend she´s married to a spineless, helpless, psycho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

I told my wife her friend was a nosy, interfering b***h

Oh, how we laughed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Reading this thread reminded me of something awful I said to my Dad when I was around 12. It was totally out of order and only now I see how much he was going out of his way to take care of me.

Sorry Dad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

When are you due?

she wasnt :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

never really actually said anything very hurtful

have thought up plenty of scathong b*tchy nasty comments though

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

You're so ugly, your crossed eyes are your most attractive feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Jesus, i've said and done some awful things when I was a teenager. Being a sarcastic f*** all the time generally does end up hurting people. I once asked a girl who was really self conceince about her looks "Why the long face" , she had a head like an oval, she ran out crying. Later me and a few mates were isolated from a party she was having, we managed to trick her to letting us in and stole all their drink. I once told a girl that I wanted to be with her cause I was hammered and wanted a shag and she says "Now please don't just wake up in the morning and dump me again" "No problem babe I said"

11 am next morning..."Hey *** , cheers for last night but I was just hammered and wanted a ride, you were ****e anyway, later"...god I could go on..

I'm much nicer these days...honestly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Anything seriously hurtful i've said has been thoroughly repressed and is no longer in my accessible memory, but there was one accidental hurtful incident i remember well.

I was working as a security Guard in a High street shop that caters for a larger market. Above that shop was a seperate shop that sold standard size clothing.

A woman approached me and asked: "What stock do they have upstairs?"
    I replied :"Oh, upstairs is for normal people"
    This was met with a cold stare.
    To redeem myself I then said: "But they do have maternity clothes upstairs"

It was totally unintentional but i was mortified for the poor woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

If i could care less i would!

• Advertisement
Advertisement