Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about gigs in the o2

Options
  • 28-04-2010 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hey, I'm going to see Australian Pink Floyd in the o2 tomorrow, but just have a quick question.
    Whats the deal with bringing cameras in?
    Do they care?
    Will they take it off you, or just tell you to put it away?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hey, I'm going to see Australian Pink Floyd in the o2 tomorrow, but just have a quick question.
    Whats the deal with bringing cameras in?
    Do they care?
    Will they take it off you, or just tell you to put it away?
    Thanks

If it's got a removable lens then no, anything smaller should be fine, that's the rule that's normally worked fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I'm still baffled as to why people can't just enjoy a gig without taking crappy, blurry pictures on their mobile phones so they can say to their friends, "Hey, look at pictures from the gig last night! Aren't they great?"

"Uh...yeah, they look great."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Scien wrote: »
    On a more important note, how on earth does a tribute band fill the O2? :confused:

They only open the bottom tier, and cordon off the rest of the seats with curtains. I'd say there will be 3000 seats open.

I saw the oz pink floyd there last year. It was the wall tour, and this was the set up for that show. They were amazing. played for 3 hours, and there was 10 of them in the band. It'll be a class gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Mr.S wrote: »
    You'd be surprised how good phone camera are these days:)

I have a mobile phone with an 8.1 MP camera. It's great for taking pictures of the daughter to send to her grannie. However, when I'm at gigs, I just like listening to the music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

JJ wrote: »
    I'm still baffled as to why people can't just enjoy a gig without taking crappy, blurry pictures on their mobile phones so they can say to their friends, "Hey, look at pictures from the gig last night! Aren't they great?"

I will take pictures of things I enjoy. I don't see what the big deal is. I wouldn't use a mobile phone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭6stringmaniac

It has a detatchable lens :(
    What would happen if I brought it?
    Would it matter once I didnt use a flash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I have no idea about the question you asked but I saw the Australian Pink Floyd years ago and was mesmerised...enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭LowOdour

a bit off topic but this is one of my pet hates....people who spend more time taking photos than listening to the music. Why bother your hole paying heavily for a ticket if all you want is a load of snaps to prove you were there. stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

It has a detatchable lens :(
    What would happen if I brought it?
    Would it matter once I didnt use a flash?
    Knowing someone who works there can tell you they will not take the camera off you..its policy..they will just consistently tell you to stop using it.

Just use the head..Bring the camera in a bag and the lense in your jacket..they may say "Dont want to see you using that" etc ,just say "Who me?? ":pac:..take your photos discreetly and dont overdo it,,ive recorded songs at O2 shows on video camera and have had a tap on the shoulder from security in the seats and on the floor but they just tell you to stop and no more.Enjoy the Gig:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭McCruiskeen

Man, I've some gigs ruined by people in front of me taking pictures every ****ing 90 seconds so I can't see a thing. Why do people do this???

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭McCruiskeen

Mr.S wrote: »
    Surley thats obvious?

I mean not to sound like a dick, but why does anyone take a picture of anything?!

Eh???

Why would someone take a a same crappy picture of the same thing every 90 seconds and block the view of people behind them when the have paid good money to see a gig???

Advertisement