Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable management

Options
  • 28-04-2010 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

The wiring in my pc case is an absolute disgrace and i can barely move around my parts.

I was wondering if anyone had tips on cable management, noticed alot of it in the pics thread and its interesting.

A crash course guide in cable management would be win

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I'm a huge fan of cable ties :)
    the coloured ones are good :)
    Its amazing what they can do
    before-after.jpg
    Picture yoinked from http://www.pc-pad.com/computer-cable-management/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

It's piss easy, just time consuming. I basically just disconnect everything, and put the cables back one by one, pulling the slack behind the motherboard tray. Then use cable ties as mentioned to hold them in place.

Good thread on it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

what can be done and i was a first timer doing this

before
    CIMG0727.jpg

after
    CIMG0731.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Its a very easy but time consuming part of building a PC and worth it for better airflow and adding components later on imho.

However some things need to be taken into account such as

1)Case design is a big factor in how much a beginner can do to tidy up the insides of the case. Newer cases have lots of panels cuts out and built in features to make cable management much easier.

2)Modular PSU's are amazing at cutting down the amount of un-needed leads inside your PC.

Advertisement