Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Halo Reach Beta Monday 3rd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Done that and it done the same, but from 1 to 99 this time. Hope its still going. Connection on 3mb eircom here is awful too. Getting dl speeds of .9mb before the download started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Had a few false starts myself but selecting download again sorted it. Then there were issues with the halo servers being down :(

Anyway got a few games in, looks nice, hard to get used to weapons and button layout...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

has anyone got into a game. i cant, keeps coming up "the halo:reach server is not available please try again later".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Fix for the 99% problem
    http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=43665989

Also, Bungie have said the servers are basically screwed and they're trying to fix it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

Healium wrote: »
    Fix for the 99% problem
    http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=43665989

Also, Bungie have said the servers are basically screwed and they're trying to fix it

The Bungie.net servers can't even handle the load. The site has gone down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

http://www.bungie.net/News/Blog.aspx?mode=news#cid26043

Backend servers getting hammered. Might check back in an hour, bit of a pain just waiting in the lobby....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

WTF is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Can't connect to the halo reach servers is what I'm getting now. Guess they got even more traffic than they were expecting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Everything Bungie and Halo is getting is getting overloaded and raped probably

owned-BSOD.png?1252958637

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Downloaded it around 6 yesterday - thanks to the boardsie (Sneachta34 I think, sorry if ive gotten the GT wrong :D) who sent around the message giving the heads up, really appreciated that.

Played a few rounds of Grab Bag on Powerhouse and Sword (?? - the one with loads of walkways and floors). Have to say though that even though I was looking forward to them Im not 100% on the armour customisation.

Scout - ok the sprint is alright but given that you cant sprint and shoot its a bit meh. Best combination might be with the sword, sprinting to close the range and then dashing for the kill.

Stalker - this is pretty cool, especially if you can move nice and slow - slower you move better the camo. Can be handy for pulling off executions.

Airborne - jump pack is alright but can be hard to watch the power bar to make sure you get a soft landing.

Armour - imo this is the weakest, ive seen people using it to stay alive to just end up surrounded by 3 enemy players just waiting for them to pop back up.

If servers allow will try and play a bit more tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

downloaded it but it wont work for me . says loading info from reach severs

same:rolleyes:
    will try it again later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

it worked for me last night, i had a quick game before bed.
    To be honest, even as a huge halo 3 fan, this felt pretty much liek halo 3 with a couple of bells and whistles. Graphically, its ok. Looks like Halo 3 with tweaks. I was underwhelmed, frankly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Couldnt get into a game last night

Well, well, what a disaster that all was!

From the downloading stopping numerous times and having to be restarted, then everytime you selected 'Play the Beta' it'd start downloading again or ask you to choose a device to load it too, only once did it go straight into the game after selecting it otherwise I was going back and forward until it did.

Then the servers being down and not getting a game? How frustrating!

Then the first 5 games I played didn't even register in my player stats so now it looks like I've only played 4 games when I've actually played 9.

And my Emblem or Tag doesn't appear either, heard a few guys complaining about that.

And then my final game last night, where I got my first killing spree and was the top scorer on our winning team, I got 0 Credits, grrrr!!!

And the 'free' Reach Beta tester hoodie is a bit lame, could have been way better...

I'm hoping for a far better experience today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Scout - had this with the grav hammer and got a 9 kill streak, not too great on its own, i'm one of the people that has always wanted a sprint and felt halo was too slow like unreal tournament but after it had taken its meds and lost any speed it did have.

Stalker -this is the only one that can preform all the time regards less of the situation i will be using this most of the time.

Airborne - other that getting up on a ledge and sniping or just plain camping its not that great.

Armour - good idea but the effect does not last long enough to allow you shield to fully recharged and if the the other guys shield will have recharged the same amount while waiting. the duration should be longer, with less control so maybe a team mate will see you in the big maps ( even with team work the maps are too big to get their in time)
    only good for a brief respite and hopefully the fighting ends before you die.

Reach Beta tester hoodie?

Varik wrote: »
    Reach Beta tester hoodie?

After playing the Beta go into Halo Waypoint, upload your latest stats and then the Hoodie becomes available for your Avater to wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Downloaded last night but didnt get to play and now stuck in work. Cant wait to get home to give a go.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Dont take this the wrong way but what the hell were you expecting. ITS A BETA! The idea is that you are testing the game to find bugs/problems in order to make the full game a better experience. Their is a reason why the testing part of a game takes a fair amount of time.

This isn't the first BETA I've been involved in and bugs/ glitches are to be expected but you've got to admit it was a disastrous launch!

And I'm one of the lucky ones who actually managed to get a game!

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I have seen worse you werent part of the Star Trek Online BETA by any chance? Now that was a bug fest, took me ages to get it to even run.

Nope, lucky me, I wasn't!

I just thought the 'Biggest BETA in history' would actually have been a bit better, I mean when was it announced 9 months ago!! (And again gameplay and logo bugs aren't an issue for me, that's what Beta's are about!)

Anyway, best of luck everybody today, I hope we all get games! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

i had totally forgotten about this!!
    shall be downloading asap!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

Ran absolutely fine for me all of last night, played numerous games! Having a solid internet connection makes a huge difference I think... more than usual I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Was fine for me too, just took about 3 hrs to download, but once it did, restarted and off i went... no hitches and probs even with my dodgy xbox... I like it, its not totally different but i like the extra features and special weapons you can choose before you respawn can be handy in CTF for different options depending on what your doing in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

-=al=- wrote: »
    Was fine for me too, just took about 3 hrs to download, but once it did, restarted and off i went... no hitches and probs even with my dodgy xbox... I like it, its not totally different but i like the extra features and special weapons you can choose before you respawn can be handy in CTF for different options depending on what your doing in the game
    I had great fun getting mine up and running, took 45 minutes to download, got 1 game in, then servers went down for 2 hours, got a game in at 2 30, then server's went down again til 3 15, finally got it up and running and played til 5 30 in the morning. Epic ****ing win ^^

I think it's a very slick and fast paced game, you don't even notice the ten minutes go by. The AA's are a nice addition, with the only gripes being armour lock is overpowering and stalker is underpowered. The DRM and Pistol could do with more ammo. my only other gripe is why can't we have custom loadouts. Can understand the need to remove certain AA's for specific gametypes e.g. Armour Lock for KOTH, but that aside, we should be able to customise and name loadouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

On it now gotten about 6 games but it has go laggy all of a sudden. Loving only for that. I really hope running up the same stairs 15 times help Bungie out : )

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

playing this beta is awesome,

pity my exams start tomorow

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

The same thing happened to me, i was on 70% and accidently quit it, downloaded it again and it went from 1 to 99%. went back to the xbox dash board restarted game and downloaded it again and this time it went to about 80%, fine from there.

I think that i just got stuck on 99% and was waiting for the actualy download to be 99% complete,

armour87 wrote: »
    Done that and it done the same, but from 1 to 99 this time. Hope its still going. Connection on 3mb eircom here is awful too. Getting dl speeds of .9mb before the download started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Slugs wrote: »
    I had great fun getting mine up and running, took 45 minutes to download, got 1 game in, then servers went down for 2 hours, got a game in at 2 30, then server's went down again til 3 15, finally got it up and running and played til 5 30 in the morning. Epic ****ing win ^^

I think it's a very slick and fast paced game, you don't even notice the ten minutes go by. The AA's are a nice addition, with the only gripes being armour lock is overpowering and stalker is underpowered. The DRM and Pistol could do with more ammo. my only other gripe is why can't we have custom loadouts. Can understand the need to remove certain AA's for specific gametypes e.g. Armour Lock for KOTH, but that aside, we should be able to customise and name loadouts.

I hated the beta at first, but after 24 games its growing on me.

1. Covy slayer is so much fun.
    2. The magnum is unreal, little low on the clip size, but if it was any bigger there would be nothing but magnum spam everywhere...
    3. Armor lock is pointless, when someone goes into it, a good times grenade will kill them when they come out of it.
    4. Stalker is grand IMO, the radar jammer it has makes it handy to find people using it.
    5. Custom loadouts will never be done,... i hope.. halo does not need to be like cod...at all. The AAs, although a nice addition, kinda drag it that way, custom ones would ruin the balance between players tat halo has always had.
    6. DMR and Needle Rifle need a bit more power,or a bigger clip size as getting multi kills with them is hard as it takes a good few shots to kill.

Thats all i can think of at the mo..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Covy Slayer is the dog's bollocks but it rarely comes up. I've only played it once. Twice more it came up in the rotation but it always got outvoted by gob****es in party chat voting for 1 Flag CTF on Powerhouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 Quilly

Covy Slayer is the dog's bollocks but it rarely comes up. I've only played it once. Twice more it came up in the rotation but it always got outvoted by gob****es in party chat voting for 1 Flag CTF on Powerhouse.

yeah i agree 1 Flag CTF on Powerhouse comes up far too much, i must of played over 15 games of it last night, got abit boring in the end. Atleast tehy sorted out the servers somewhat. Waiting times were crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Korvanica wrote: »
    I hated the beta at first, but after 24 games its growing on me.

1. Covy slayer is so much fun.
    2. The magnum is unreal, little low on the clip size, but if it was any bigger there would be nothing but magnum spam everywhere...
    3. Armor lock is pointless, when someone goes into it, a good times grenade will kill them when they come out of it.
    4. Stalker is grand IMO, the radar jammer it has makes it handy to find people using it.
    5. Custom loadouts will never be done,... i hope.. halo does not need to be like cod...at all. The AAs, although a nice addition, kinda drag it that way, custom ones would ruin the balance between players tat halo has always had.
    6. DMR and Needle Rifle need a bit more power,or a bigger clip size as getting multi kills with them is hard as it takes a good few shots to kill.

Thats all i can think of at the mo..
    1. haven't tried covy slayer yet, but it looks fun.
    2. tbh I haven't used the pistol as a primary weapon, usually if I wanna do a quick bit of mid range damage before coming in with the Ar. The AR is ****ing epic ^^
    3. Armour lock is annoying and overpowered. Here's an example. I'm chasing a guy, put a mag into him, just as I come in for the melee he AL's, I perform melee, he comes out, emp's and melees. I'm dead :( There needs to be some sort of stun from coming out of it.
    4. If there was no deafness from camo, it'd be perfect, I wouldn't mind a dampening or reduction in sound, but full out deafness is overbearing and with the radar jammer, makes camo a little underpowered...
    5. I'm not talking about full weapon choice with aa customization and stuff, I'm just talking about being allowed to choose between an AR and DRM, N'ifle and plasma rifle, etc. and mixing it up with your AA's
    6. Maybe an increase in ammo, the power is fine.

Advertisement