Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Halo Reach Beta Monday 3rd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

dysyaa.gif

Aww poor baby, not able to survive without a noob tube bling maryrdom setup or something, obv :rolleyes:

Cheeky tw*t, I was just giving me opinion
    btw I play mw2 competitively where all that sh*t is banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Never played a Halo gamer before. Played 1 game yesterday and turned it off. Absolute rubbish..

clown.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Aww poor baby, not able to survive without a noob tube bling maryrdom setup or something, obv :rolleyes:

Did you not read his second post?

I would not want anyone to experience halo first by playing the reach beta, people already hate halo, this wouldn't change their minds.

And nade spamming in reach it much worse that noob toobing. Since everyone does it. and once a grenage lands anywhere near you, you move so slow its almost impossible to get away. Sprint helps though, Amorur lock doesnt really, since they can just stand back and wait for you to come out of it...

Yo Mamma wrote: »
    clown.......

f*ck off. I was just giving my opinion on your precious game:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

f*ck off. I was just giving my opinion on your precious game:rolleyes:

U cant seriously be basing your opining of Halo on "1 Game" you played yesterday ? I mean Everyone sux at Halo Multiplayer when you start but once you know the maps / weapons / Game types and have a few pals to team up with Halo multiplayer becomes one of the best if not THE best xbox live game there is........and Reach looks like its going to be even bigger than the Halo3 multiplayer !!

Why don’t u give it more than 1 Game then come back with a more informed opinion ;)

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

And in other news someone called Kev_PS3 does not like Halo...

Yo Mamma wrote: »
    U cant seriously be basing your opining of Halo on "1 Game" you played yesterday ? I mean Everyone sux at Halo Multiplayer when you start but once you know the maps / weapons / Game types and have a few pals to team up with Halo multiplayer becomes one of the best if not THE best xbox live game there is........and Reach looks like its going to be even bigger than the Halo3 multiplayer !!

:pac:

i assumed he meant that reach is terrible.... He said he played reach and thought it was terrible, thats not the whole halo series.

Also reach will probably be bigger than halo 3 yea, because they've completely gotten rid of the skill gap so everyone can play and do reasonably well.

Take, for example the DMR reticule bloom. I could be taking my time trying to place the shots and be as accurate as possible, while the other guy could be spamming the trigger like a figedy mouse on crack and will end up killing me because of lucky spread... not accuracy.

Plus combine the fact that the DMR and magnum have such small clip sizes with the massive reticule bloom and youre guaranteed dead 90% of the time when you run into 2 people.

Maybe theyll fix it for the final game though, heres to hoping...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Korvanica wrote: »
    i assumed he meant that reach is terrible.... He said he played reach and thought it was terrible, thats not the whole halo series.

He said he'd never played a Halo game before in the same post.

I don't love or hate Halo, haven't played much of it (only bought my Xbox in Septembet) but I'm enjoying the beta after a rocky start. Someone making a blanket statement that Halo as a series is crap after playing game of a beta is irritating and just ridiculous. Smacks of attention-seeking desperation and it looks like he got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

mw2 competitively

208gui0.jpg

Whoopdee ****in doo. If i went to the cod board and said 'omg i played dis once and its ****e for noobs' youd be all on the defensive about it too so your obvious attempts at trollign are obvious.
    Also cod is **** for casuals and the very notion of playing such casual muck competitively makes me heartily lol

Also cod is **** for casuals and the very notion of playing such casual muck competitively makes me heartily lol

I play Uno competitively.

• Advertisement

fair enough yea, he didn't state he was only talking about reach... but i didn't get the feeling that he meant the whole series either...
    NotorietyH wrote: »
    I play Uno competitively.

No dude, MLG Viva Pinata is the way to go.... Im level 50.

bit of a problem with the respawns in reach too.

wow this sections is so full of retards its unbelievable.

Korvanica wrote: »
    fair enough yea, he didn't state he was only talking about reach... but i didn't get the feeling that he meant the whole series either...

Ah yeah, it just smacks of someone who went into the game already deciding he hated it and just playing one game so he could say that he did.

It's just blatant trolling and fanboyism if you ask me and I find that irritating.

I never got into the multiplayer in Halo having joined it too late, but the Reach Beta is entertaining enough for me, don't think it will hold my attention too long though. Not sure I have the patience or time to invest that it seems to take to get really good at it. Will see what the new modes rolling out today are like. Looking forward to checking out those.

It reminds me a bit of Timesplitters in a good way. Nice and frantic at times. The gameplay does feel slightly dated and not as deep as other games. Still at least my opinion is based on playing a large variety of games for hour before judging it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I decided to look in this topic to see what people thought of Reach, but the tone of the posts kinda reminded me of the old Halo online multiplayer experience. People need to chill out and tell me if it's worth taking Super Street Fighter IV out of my console to try out this Beta!

To be honest, I'll probably give it a go one way or another. Jetpacks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Ok, so Halo Reach, yeah.

Anyway I likes. heart pounding the whole time get so many close calls it brilliant.
    Ran into 1 team last night who were like a swarm of bee's, fecker. Had to suicide grenade myself just to get a few kills.

I wasn't gone on the flight packs at first but the are pretty good for anyone who can keep a steady aim.

Lockdown seems to be a waste to be honest and sprint needs more time.

Can not wait for the full launch never bought an xbox live access card before but had to for this and I'm glad I did.

My nephew is gonna go mad when I bring it home, he's mother will probably kill me mwhahhaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

No it was just a combination of the poor graphics, controls and the fact it takes two clips to kills someone. I will give it another go though.

Its a beta , also with halo its not a case of one shot one kill unless using a sniper, there is a lot of skill involved.

I'm not crazy about this beta , like most games nowadays they are making it more user friendly , still enjoyable every once and a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Ignoring the preceding crap mucking up my thread and actually getting back on topic - be great if a mod would just remove it all...

Played my first slayer match yesterday and much prefer it to the other modes. Want to try out headhunter as I dont really like the capture the flag game modes but slayer is alot better paced and much easier to actually perform well in. Unless you have a decent team backing you up the flag modes tend to result in me dying, alot.

Sorry for having an opinion lads, its just I though it was rubbish.
    I will leave now and ye can continue your love in

Sorry for having an opinion lads,

That's not what we (or at least I) have issue with. It's that you played one game of it which could only have lasted 10 minutes max and judged it based on that. So it's not an opinion, it's a uninformed snap judgement which makes your 'opinion' invalid. Just spouting "It's rubbish," doesn't qualify as an opinion. You're not backing it up with anything resembling a point, or giving any indication as to why you think it's rubbish. So again, it's not an opinion, you're just being a troll.

It's like watching the first 2 minutes of a movie and proclaiming it's **** and acting like everyone who liked it is an idiot. Then you wonder why we're getting annoyed at you.

Now I'm annoyed at myself for actually responding.

Anyway, back on topic, does anyone know when the new game modes are supposed to hit today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sorry for having an opinion lads, its just I though it was rubbish.
    I will leave now and ye can continue your love in
    ats57347_258Troll_spray.jpg

Ive a PS3 aswell Kev, ever see me over on that forum giving out about Killzone being a pile of pants?

Nope

Or any other PS3 game?

Nope

Wouldnt be arsed....

Wheres next?

The Nintendo forum to give out about Mario?

;)

• Advertisement

cant a mod just ban him from the xbox section? or even better the ps3 section? :pac:
    btw I play mw2 competitively where all that sh*t is banned.

Hmm, really? ..

anyway......

Headhunter - its a nice idea, fun at times but also so frustrating. Especially when youve got 5 skulls, everyone is shooting at you and youre just about to run into the caputre area when it moves Grrr! I might give reach another chance tonight...

EDIT: im not feeding him any more,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

btw I play mw2 competitively

Lol just because you play with some dudes you meet on a forum dosent mean anything.

On topic: Im not sure i like the direction the game is going, the decrease jump, overpowered grenades and armour system just seem noob friendly, in H3 you could easily out Br 2 guys with Ar's but not in reach. Everyone just seems to be spamming and running in for the melee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

kev_ps3 banned for personal abuse.

Everyone else chill while it may look like a troll, smell like a troll and talk like a troll only feeding it makes it a troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

I'd like to know how the credits are awarded, looks like a victory isn't that important, more important to finish the game and , I guess, earn some medals!

Yeah i noticed that, i only got an extra 7 points for winning today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I thought this was absolutely terrible. Then again I never liked Halo online anyways but I was for some reason thinking this might change my mind cos of the new engine and such, but nope. Still same old for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Yeah i noticed that, i only got an extra 7 points for winning today

Well, I just got a huge amount of credits for getting a triple kill!

Liking the new Invasion playlist too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Seriously lads you all react in such a bad/wrong way to these people that come on. Just because he had PS3 in his name id say.

If he was really trolling he wouldn't have abused any of ye for poking fun at him for his opinion he just wouldn't have cared and kept going on how crap it is. He even said he was going to give it another go. He said he plays MW2 competitively which means he plays it properly and not like 90% of the idiots who made me stop playing it.

Hey and guess what I played Halo 1 & 3 and thought it was the biggest load of ****e ive ever played in my life.. Couldn't and still cant believe people like it! If I had been bothered to play the beta and thought it was crap I would have voiced my opinion like Moiph there.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

dazftw wrote: »
    He said he plays MW2 competitively which means he plays it properly

No it means he plays with people he meet on the internet, playing competitively does not mean playing playing professionally. He probably plays in one of those annoying english clans full of 15 year olds who think they are pro, have names like Xx s0paH1337sN1pAh xX, and only play SnD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

No it means he plays with people he meet on the internet, playing competitively does not mean playing playing professionally. He probably plays in one of those annoying english clans full of 15 year olds who think they are pro, have names like Xx s0paH1337sN1pAh xX, and only play SnD.

So? Isn't that what we all do? We do it on here on boards. I never said professionally I said properly no stupid glitches or perks. Sounds much better to me like

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement