Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Halo Reach Beta Monday 3rd

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

dazftw wrote: »
    So? Isn't that what we all do? We do it on here on boards.

Thats my point, everyone plays competitively so by saying oh "btw i play competitively on mw2 my point is therefore valid regardless of substance" is just stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

dazftw wrote: »
    Seriously lads you all react in such a bad/wrong way to these people that come on. Just because he had PS3 in his name id say.

If he was really trolling he wouldn't have abused any of ye for poking fun at him for his opinion he just wouldn't have cared and kept going on how crap it is.

I tried backing him up, no joy there though. Plus he could really have provided a bit more substance in his post. Saying it was terrible without some valid reasons didn't help at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I already asked for people to chill once. I will not do so again.

Just to clear the record, Kev has been banned for one week for personal abuse, thats part of the charter and a definitive line in the sand.

On the issue of him trolling, I would have not considered his actions prior to being abusive to be trollish behaviour and would not have banned him for it.

As such I am somewhat disapointed with the knee jerk reaction by some but that doesnt excuse losing one's cool and getting abusive.

That is the end of it please and I ask that this thread be kept on topic please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I've played a few matches now on most of the modes and maps... I'm not sure if I like it yet... The grenades feel really overpowered and the weapons feel really different. I really wish the grenades would be toned down a little or reach will just be a complete frag fest.

Good points though, I love the free for all stuff like juggernaut :pac: It was so fun! Headhunter is really cool, but I don't think a lot of people get how to play it... I won one of the matches in like 1-2 mins with 25, the nearest person to me had about 6... And I'm really bad at halo! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭InvisibleBadger

Invasion is excellent, but invasion slayer is not.
    Really enjoyable beta, was gonna get the final game anyway for the single player, whereas now i'm looking forward to the multiplayer too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Invasion is excellent, but invasion slayer is not.
    Really enjoyable beta, was gonna get the final game anyway for the single player, whereas now i'm looking forward to the multiplayer too.

Im enjoying both invasion types.
    Whats really pissing me off is peoples refusal to play headhunter, weve been playing slayer for 3 years could we not try something new?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

its the fact that headhunter is nearly all luck id say.

You could be the best player, getting all the kills when some s**t comes in and finishes you off when you've no shield and are a few feet away from the dropoff point. All your hard work down the drain.

I know you can do it to other people too but its just annoying..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Korvanica wrote: »
    its the fact that headhunter is nearly all luck id say.

You could be the best player, getting all the kills when some s**t comes in and finishes you off when you've no shield and are a few feet away from the dropoff point. All your hard work down the drain.

I know you can do it to other people too but its just annoying..

So what its new and fun as **** so what if you lose chances are youll have some funny kills to show, slayer is so damn repetitive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

After playing the Beta, I'm starting to doubt whether I'll even buy Halo Reach at all now. I was a HUGE fan of Halo 3, still play it now. But this just has too many issues for me. Please note that I amn't trolling, and this is all just IMO.

1) - The playlist voting thing, I still haven't played anything other then Team Slayer, Headhunter and invasion(I want to play Slayer invasion). I would much rather if those gametypes were seperate sub-playlists. Why can't they do that instead?
    2) - The weapons aren't varied enough for me, the needler rifle may as well be called the elite Battle Rifle, it just has upped rate of fire and slightly less damage. Not to mention that the other vehicles, weapons, etc are so hard to find that you would have to actively go out of your way to get them.
    3) - The matches are too short, especialy invasion, either spartans win at round 1, or elites just plow through.
    4) - Headhunter is just so frustrating! In most games if you don't like it, you just don't play it... but I remember (1)?
    5) - Armor abilities just don't do much:
    Stealth only works if they run past, but anyone who looks can see you even if you're standing still. I prefered the power up in halo 3.
    Armor lock only works to annoy drivers, and seeing as the vehicles aren't so availiable...
    Jet pack is good for jumping... nuff said, I prefered grav lift.
    Sprint is cool, I won't bitch about it.
    6) - Vehicles just aren't as fun as they were... Can't say why.

In all I am very disapointed, they seem to have sacrificed gameplay for flashy content that SOUNDS fun(Assasinations just get repetitive) and have changed the look from a fun halo thing, to whatever this is.

Sorry for my annoying rant, it won't happen again, I promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Just a quick question. I have the beta downloaded on my hard drive but i dont have the ODST dics ( got the download from my brothers acount who lives in Ireland). Is the only possible way of accessing this beta through disc 1 of ODST?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Just a quick question. I have the beta downloaded on my hard drive but i dont have the ODST dics ( got the download from my brothers acount who lives in Ireland). Is the only possible way of accessing this beta through disc 1 of ODST?
    Yep. You need the campaign disc of ODST.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Put in the disc 1 or campaign disc of Halo ODST, sign into Xbox live, go to the game menu and at the bottom there should be an extras option. This changes to Play the Beta.

Thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Put in the disc 1 or campaign disc of Halo ODST, sign into Xbox live, go to the game menu and at the bottom there should be an extras option. This changes to Play the Beta.

Thats it.

problem being i dont own ODST :p
    Ah well ill stick with COD for the time being

Advertisement