Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animated advertising.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

DeVore wrote: »
    Firstly, google ads pay when someone clicks them. No one clicks them.
    I just clicked two; making your entire argument invalid! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Sorry, had to block him today, if someone lets me know when he isnt there anymore I might remove the adblock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭WhiteRussian

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Yes the annoying smug waving git and when you click through tells you that if you are such a shut in who uses the internet to much and have forgotten how to he'll invite your mates out for a pint, you just have to hand over thier email addresses.
    It's condescending drivel as well as being very ****ing distracting trying to replay to a thread and he's right beside the quick reply waving, I swear the urge to punch his head in while trying to reply to a thread in PI about miscarriage was unbelievable.

As is to be expected from lowlife publicans

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I emailed the advertiser to say that I found their ad to be so intrusive & annoying that I would not consider using their service. I totally understand the need for ads but that flaming waving hand is too much. What is the message ?. Go out more & meet idiots who constantly wave at you ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Don't see them any more since I got my old account and subscription back, so I don't know if it's still there.

But the most annoying one for me was the adverts.ie one with the camera flashes. It was stupidly distracting. My brain can filter out some guy waving, but I can't filter out an image that is flashing annoyingly in the corner of the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I was hoping someone at the Adverts.ie desk wouldve swapped that one out with a less annoying .swf by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

DeVore wrote: »
    You could subscribe and then we offer the option to turn off all ads, permanently....

But the annoying vodafone one on the front page is still there, even with ad's disabled

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Juke, sorry about that, that page is built by us rather then vB. I'll stick "code an if statement around the ad for subscribers" on the list of things to do with it. We are recoding that sometime in the not to distant future too.

I can only say I'll talk to the adverts peeps and tell them to create a less annoying ad.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Ugh, I can't look at that guy anymore :(

Does anyone know when that ad is going to end?

In fairness, it's a terrible ad to show and was a poor choice by whoever oks these decisions.

May as well start allowing animated sigs if youse are happy hosting this ****e on the site.

Advertisement