Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lift needed for Dublin commute from Carrick or Blayney

• 28-04-2010 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi

Was wondering if anyone doing a Mon-Fri commute to Dublin could offer a lift? I would need to be in the city centre or near to a Luas red line stop for about 8:30. I could be collected at either Carrick or Blayney. I would consider just a few days per week as well as the full Mon-Fri also.

Will share expenses/fuel obviously too! :)

If anyone is interested maybe you could PM me

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 LJC

No takers then? :D

Maybe looks a little odd I suppose - first post and all but to be honest I'm not a forum person generally. Just thought with the popularity of boards it would be a good place to ask.

Maybe instead could anyone suggest the best way to go about arranging some sort of liftshare? There are a few dedicated sites for this alright but they don't seem to be used that much.

Would appreciate any pointers anyway. :)

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

U shud get a car...they`re very handy for gettin around! ;)

Just trying to reduce my carbon footprint as they say ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Maybe if you put a note in the local paper, or in a shop or something like that in Carrick or Blaney you might get more replies. Does a bus not go from there at all to Dublin?

Might be better to rent a bedsit or houseshare in Dub for the days you are there.

Does a bus not go from there at all to Dublin?

Yes a few - but not that reliable and timing not great.

So, still looking for a lift if anyone wants to save on their weekly commuting costs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

collins coaches, leaves carrick at 6:15am always on time, always arrives to city centre by 8am

Thanks - but 6:15?? It's a bit early really.

Driving, you could be leaving over an hour later, that's the thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

you would not make dublin city centre for 8:30 leaving at 7:30..... unless you have a flying car.

6:45 then....... you havn't really looked into this have you

SarahMs wrote: »

6:45 then....... you havn't really looked into this have you

:confused:

Have a look at the thread title. I'm not looking for a bus, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭LordDorington

Sorry for bumping, have lost the new thread icon :mad:

Looking for a lift to Dunleer in Louth this Sunday with my dog. She has to go to hydrotherapy. Travelling from Bluebell.

It's 50 miles there, session lasts about 15 mins.

Appreciate any quotes.

PS she is very quiet and clean, will just sit on her bed for the journey. I can also cover the back seat.

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement