Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oral History Recording

Options
  • 28-04-2010 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I plan to do some oral history recording for a project whereby the recordings and transcriptions will be available for listening to on a designated website.

Before I carry out any recording, I need to create a form in order to obtain informed consent from the interviewee. I have created similar forms before in the Uk, and the legal act i needed to refer to there was the copyright, design and patents act 1988. Does anyone know what the equivalent similar act here in Ireland is? I would have thought its was the Copyright and Related Acts 2000, but the act itself makes no specific reference to oral history recording.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭howaya

hey - disappointed you didn't have any helpful response to this. I didn't have anything definite to contribute, but I PM-ed you on the subject a couple of weeks ago. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Possibly try the legal forum?

To create a form for people to sign you'd need a lawyer to check it anyway right?

Advertisement