Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balanced PvP realm

Options
  • 28-04-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a enGB PvP realm with a healthy population (but not overcrowded) and a reasonably balanced population?

I tried using the WCR realm stats to check but it seems from some enquiries I've made that the figures on that site aren't an accurate reflection of actual population.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

just wondering why would you not want one thats biased towards your own faction? to make things alot easier farming wise wg ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Evac105

Having been on a very unbalanced realm for 4 years we're interested in seeing how a balanced realm plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,458 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

TechnoPool wrote: »
    just wondering why would you not want one thats biased towards your own faction? to make things alot easier farming wise wg ect.
    Thats about as fun as playing TF2 when your team is 15 vs. 5, isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

TechnoPool wrote: »

That's the whole point about pvp servers, the danger of being ganked. If you're on an unbalanced one where your faction is majority, it sucks.

Leveling on an active PVP server is a unique and fun experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Everyone i know on Bloodfeather has gone horde, because they are fed up with the very low ally pop. People have tried to persuade me to follow suit, but i just cant be arsed. I started WoW in 06 on bloodfeather playing ally, and thats how im gonna go out.

Down side to it as ive stated previous thrends is the resident horde pops in ally cities, nothing worse than doing a bg on a lowbie and being ganked when you leave bg, cause your PvP flagged for 5 mins. Horde are just short of having their own vendors in ally cities. They can walk around them without being touched. Grinding mats can be a pain too, being constantly ganked while trying to farm is annoying, i usually just respawn and go somewhere else.

Tbh, i dont really care that much for horde, so im not gonna jump ship to play easy mode just cause everyone else has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That's the whole point about pvp servers, the danger of being ganked. If you're on an unbalanced one where your faction is majority, it sucks.

Leveling on an active PVP server is a unique and fun experience.

have to disagree, its not fun.

It was fun 5 years ago when you were leveling with at the same pace as everyone else and fights were fair.

Now you just get ganked by level 80s who are farming matts, and its not fun, what so ever.

Most horrific time on my last two chars i leveled was the ganking, numerous nights just turned the game off.

I'm not into pvp, and think pvp is pretty **** and ridic, but ganking even more so, there can be nothing fun about killing someone twenty levels below you, and theres nothing more annoying : /

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm not into pvp, and think pvp is pretty **** and ridic, but ganking even more so, there can be nothing fun about killing someone twenty levels below you, and theres nothing more annoying : /
    It seems as though you should get deducted honor points for shenanigans like that. In fairness wheres the honor in one-hitting someone 40 levels under you?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Overheal wrote: »
    It seems as though you should get deducted honor points for shenanigans like that. In fairness wheres the honor in one-hitting someone 40 levels under you?
    Ah its so much fun, I love ganking in lakeshire or following guys around in westfall tagging all their mobs. Good times. I miss when a rogues vanish would elude the guards in stormwind aswell.

I didnt say it wasnt fun... just dishonorable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I switched sides on Sunstrider from Horde to Alliance Saturday night, just because there were never any Alliance around to kill.
    I've spent most of my time since then just killing Horde, man it's cool... :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement