Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beech Hill

Options
  • 28-04-2010 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Might be moving here for a couple of months during the summer...
    Anyone live(d) there or know what its like? Just heard it can be pretty dodgy at times... Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Beech Hill just beside UCD? It is so safe that you could walk around with €50 notes strapped to you in the middle of the night and not be attacked for them. That story posted above was some spoilt teenager who got an air rifle and thought it would be great to shoot it. Damage was redundant to the fire truck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

I live there at the moment. Grand spot. Block of flats can be off putting but aren't so bad. 5 min walk to sports centre less than 10 to campus through short cut. Have not had any trouble bar one incident. A lot of the people who live in it are very respectable. Some RTE actors included...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

It can be VERY dodgy at times with drunks and stuff hanging about the flats. There's a mix of the salt of the earth and absolute gurriers living in those flats (I used to help out at a youth club for the beech hill kids, but have gotten in fights with their older siblings previously so I've had it both ways). That said, its southside and surrounded by the most expensive property in Dublin - as long as you use a bit of common sense I wouldn't have any problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    It can be VERY dodgy at times with drunks and stuff hanging about the flats.

No it is not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    No it is not.

Generally I'd agree with you, especially given that you're living there now, but I'm living in the surrounding area the last 20 years and I cut through there nearly every day coming back from UCD for the last 4 years. And sometimes, sometimes you'll see drunks or kids throwing bottles. It's not a bad area, its grand and I'd live there myself, but beech hill would still be seen as a problem area, and I'm not condemning anyone who lives there whatsoever, its just the way its seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭donaghs

Beech Hill just beside UCD? It is so safe that you could walk around with €50 notes strapped to you in the middle of the night and not be attacked for them. That story posted above was some spoilt teenager who got an air rifle and thought it would be great to shoot it. Damage was redundant to the fire truck

It's a council estate, so draw your own conclusions. Quieter now than it used to be, but you can search Boards for other threads on the Dublin forum discussing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

tanjy wrote: »
    Might be moving here for a couple of months during the summer...
    Anyone live(d) there or know what its like? Just heard it can be pretty dodgy at times... Cheers

I live quite close to Beech Hill, and it's no more dodgy than anywhere else tbh. There's a couple of elderly drunks, kids messing about but nothing serious. Biggest problem we have is the damn students with their midweek parties :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

donaghs wrote: »
    It's a council estate, so draw your own conclusions. Quieter now than it used to be, but you can search Boards for other threads on the Dublin forum discussing it.

I still think it is a grand place to live for students

Advertisement