Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Jogging Log

Options
  • 28-04-2010 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I've never been much of a runner but i'm taking part in the Cork Marathon relay on 7th June, this has caused me to get the finger out and try this road running malarky. I have a love/hate relationship with the gym so wasn't completely starting from scratch. I must stress that i'm starting very very slowly. While I find I do overtake walkers I only slow jog, for now anyways...

Age - 30
    Weight - 70kg/11 stone
    Height - 5ft 10.5

Started last week...

Wednesday - 3.13 miles
    Friday - 4.06 miles
    Sunday - 2.5 miles

I bought a heart rate monitor/stop watch at the weekend so will accurate times for my runs from now on.

Tuesday 27th April - 2.5 miles - 28 mins, I don't feel this is accurate as theres a killer hill in the run which destroys me.

I plan on going for a run every second day, will hopefully do the 4.06 run tomorrow morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Beffy

Jogged 4 miles this morning in a time of 43.40. Just under 11 mins a mile on average. Interestingly enough I ran the last mile in 10 minutes. Maybe i'm holding back during the run for fear of tiring myself out. I hit a mini wall at mile 2-3, had a stomach cramp/stitch that nearly caused me to stop.

Last week my times were +25 seconds per mile so i'm happy with that tiny improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

This would be much more suited a a training log in the training logs section of the ART forum (under sports)

Best of luck with the training and race

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Beffy

ULstudent wrote: »
    This would be much more suited a a training log in the training logs section of the ART forum (under sports)

Best of luck with the training and race
    I didn't see that training logs sub forum until after I had started my thread.

Could someone move me please?

Advertisement