Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clondalkin to Swords

• 28-04-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

hi im just wondering if anyone can give me any suggestions here
    i am living in clondalkin and my job is soon to move to swords - and im just trying to figure out the best way to get to work
    i dont drive, so will be relying on public transport - and moving over to swords is not an option
    at the moment im looking at getting bus into City Centre - then getting 43 from Abby St out to swords but this commute will take 2 hours + both ways and was wondering if there was a simpler way that i just havent though of
    any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appericated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

flybus from Clondalkin (Dunnes shopping centre) to Airport, then Dublin bus. Would be shorter but more expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Where in Clondalkin to where in Swords? Look out for buses that run via the Port Tunnel - the Swords Express, the 33X and 142 may be of use.

If you could walk/cycle to the Luas or Clondalkin train station, that would save time on your way to town.

I think it's going to be an ugly commute either way though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

near green isle in clondalkin (currenty on 69 route) and swords business park (beside woodies) only thing is i start work at 8.30 so all i could see was 43 route & it takes a hour to get to top of estate so would need to be in town for 7am bus so looking at leaving clondalkin at 6am or earlier to get to work for 8.30:eek::eek:
    was hoping someone mite know of something i didnt:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

messrs wrote: »
    near green isle in clondalkin (currenty on 69 route) and swords business park (beside woodies) only thing is i start work at 8.30 so all i could see was 43 route & it takes a hour to get to top of estate so would need to be in town for 7am bus so looking at leaving clondalkin at 6am or earlier to get to work for 8.30:eek::eek:
    was hoping someone mite know of something i didnt:confused:

You may be better off getting a 33 or 41's to Swords village (Get off at the Council Office) and walking along Seatown Road to Woodies, I'd guess it's ten minutes walk tops for a more frequent service though there is a few 43's early on; it's decent on peak hours service. The 7:20 will arrive with plenty of time; the 7:45 at a push might just do it as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hamndegger wrote: »
    You may be better off getting a 33 or 41's to Swords village (Get off at the Council Office) and walking along Seatown Road to Woodies, I'd guess it's ten minutes walk tops for a more frequent service though there is a few 43's early on; it's decent on peak hours service. The 7:20 will arrive with plenty of time; the 7:45 at a push might just do it as well.

tnx for that - i will be working in the estate behind woodies and typicaly its the building down the very back of the estate! so your talking good 15-20 walk into the back of the estate - that why i was judging getting 7am bus - getting there at 8am and then walking down the back of the estate and hopefully making it in on time! but will look into the other busses aswell - have to see which route takes the longest - dont mind having the extra walk if im not on the bus as long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

messrs wrote: »
    tnx for that - i will be working in the estate behind woodies and typicaly its the building down the very back of the estate! so your talking good 15-20 walk into the back of the estate - that why i was judging getting 7am bus - getting there at 8am and then walking down the back of the estate and hopefully making it in on time! but will look into the other busses aswell - have to see which route takes the longest - dont mind having the extra walk if im not on the bus as long

The estate isn't that long so I'd say 15 minutes walk should well do it. With a bit of luck, somebody may be driving part of the way as well which will help you as it's a long commute across town:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Swords Express from Eden Quay towards Swords is super-fast in the morning. I think you are looking at a 20 minute walk at the Swords end. Certainly, some people use the Swords Express to commute to the Business Park.

When we extend the route (for which we are waiting for a licence) it will go much closer.

The whole package ends up quite expensive, although a good bit cheaper than the flybus combo.

Swords Express has looked to do a combined fare with Dublin Bus, but Dublin Bus refuse to consider it.

Advertisement